Community Forum

Remote code for Yamaha ATS-1030 sound bar

New Poster

Remote code for Yamaha ATS-1030 sound bar

I am looking for the remote code for my Yamaha ATS-1030 sound bar.  I tried the online tool and it rarely works at all, but the one time it did work it gave me a 4 digit number that did not work.  I've tried the find your code sequence several times without any luck.   I have the Comcast custom DVR 3 device remote.  Does anyone know the code for this device? 

New Poster

Re: Remote code for Yamaha ATS-1030 sound bar

I have the same question for the VIZIO S3851w-D4 sound bar.  Comcast hasnt updated their published list of codes in 3 years, but if you can find the right guy at the store, he can look it up on their "private" system.

New Poster

I took your suggestion and went to the store. The person acknowledged that they have a private system!  I was all optimistic that I would get my answer until the person said they show no codes for any Yamaha sound bars.  The person was great, Comcast's customer support is terrible (as usual).

New Poster

I had the same problem...Yamaha's sound bars can NOT be controlled by the Comcast remote.....my solution was to buy a new Harmony programable remote control.  You hook it up to your computer, install the software and tell it what various items u want it to control (TV, DVR, Sound Bar etc etc....I bought the Harmony that controls up to 4 devices).....then you program each key and you're good to go......If I can do it anyone can.  Now the Comcast remote sits in a drawer and I never use it.

New Poster

Thanks for the info.  I sort of figured that I was going to have to get some kind of universal remote to get this to work with only one remote.  I'll look into the Harmony remotes.  Thanks again.

New Poster

So you don't actually need a Code for the Yamaha 1030. All you need to do is follow the instructions included in the manual. It tells you how
To use the included Yamaha remote and put the 1030 in 'learn 'mode. Then you are able to just point the Comcast Remote (or any other remote for that matter) at the the sound bar and after a few presses of the Vol+, Vol -, Mute, and I/O and the comcast remote controls the Yamaha sound bar perfectly, making it an integral part of the TV's speakers.
New Poster

In case anyone is still looking for it, this post (http://forums.xfinity.com/t5/X1/Yamaha-Sound-bar-ATS-1030-code/td-p/2425020 indicates that the code to use is 31947. It worked for mine to conrol volume and mute, but doesn't power the soundbar on/off, so works well enough for me!

New Poster

i can't get my Xfinity remote (non-voice) to conrol Yamaha Sound Bar ATS 1060. i've tried the codes, but they don't work. what is the procedure for to find the code manually?

New Poster

I just bought the Yamaha ATS-1070 sound bar from Costco to add better sound in my den. I used code 31947 with my XR5 Comcast remote and was able to control the volume. Turning the sound bar off and on is still a problem.. When I first turned everything on it wound turn the sound bar on but not turn it off. and the next time I tried to turn on, it didn't work After chatting with Yamaha they wanted me to make sure the HDMI control was turned on and turning the sound bar worked. The next time I tried it neither on or off worked. I tried using the tv button when I had it on and it turned the tv and sound bar off., but would not turn the sound bar back on. On the Yamaha chat they told me Yamaha hadn't set anything up for the Comcast remotes. My TV is ARC compatible so according to the manual it should work with my TV.