Community Forum

Remote Control Not Responding

Regular Visitor

Remote Control Not Responding

My 3 in 1 comcast remote control is not working with the cable box. I programmed in the TV, and the volume and power controls work for the TV, but I can not get the remote to sinc up with the cable box. I go through the setup and codes, and entering the comcast cable box code 01982 (or the Motorola codes) works. The cable button blinks twice indicating that the code was accepted, but the remote still does not function. Tried batteries, new remote, all the codes, the code search feature, turning everything off and starting again. Nothing has worked. Any help?

Tags (1)
Regular Visitor

Re: Remote Control Not Responding

As of July 15, 2010, I am unable to use the remote to change channels.  I actually have to push in each station call letters; however, I am not able to view what is on or a description.  I inserted new batteries.  HELP!

Frequent Visitor

I am having the same problem. The comcast remote works fine on the TV but does not work on the cable box (Motorola DCH3200).

Gold Problem Solver

You could try resetting the remote to its default state.

Frequent Visitor

That worked! Thanks!

New Poster

Re: Remote Control Not Responding - we put in new batteries but the remote will not respond when we click the numbers. Please help.

Pamela

Gold Problem Solver

It's probably a problem with the cable box.  Try unplugging it for a minute.

Most Valued Poster

WarEagle is probably on the mark, Pamela. It sounds like you may be experiencing the same issue that some other Comcast customers, including myself, have run into over the last couple days. Take a look at this thread.