Community Forum

Remote Control App..

Regular Visitor

Remote Control App..

I'm trying to find a remote control app to use with my tv in my bedroom, on a Motorola digital adapter box. I cannot find the remote I was using. I've been trying EVERY app, to no avail, and it's driving me crazy not being able to change the channel.. Can someone PLEASE help me? It would be GREATLY appreciated!

Thank you!
Diamond Problem Solver

Re: Remote Control App..

Sorry but There isn’t one for adapters. You’ll need a new remote

I am a Retired Official Comcast Employee
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark a post as the Best Answer!
Regular Visitor

Wow, really Andrew? They make an app for EVERYTHING else, but what I need it for.. Unbelievable! Thank you for responding..
Diamond Problem Solver

DTAs are basic/limited boxes that have no communication back and forth. If you have other cable box remotes in your house, try one

I am a Retired Official Comcast Employee
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Silver Problem Solver

You can get a remote from Comcast. Also, a local store should have some universal remotes that will control it. Given the very basic remote they give with the DTA's, a universal remote may gain a few functions.

Regular Visitor

Okay, thank you Andy..
Regular Visitor

So, the remote that controls the main cable box may be able to control it?
Silver Problem Solver

Maybe. If it's NOT the older silver remote, it can. The newer gray and XR series remotes will work.

Regular Visitor

New Remote?

Hi, I was hoping a new Comcast remote could be sent to me? Please let me know, ASAP, as I'm losing my mind not being able to change the channel. I need one that'll work with the Motorola Digital Box..
Highlighted
Bronze Problem Solver

Re: New Remote?

@Jessiexo wrote:
Hi, I was hoping a new Comcast remote could be sent to me? Please let me know, ASAP, as I'm losing my mind not being able to change the channel. I need one that'll work with the Motorola Digital Box..

You can find you best options for getting a new remote here:

https://www.xfinity.com/support/articles/lost-or-broken-remote-controls

Bronze Problem Solver

Re: New Remote?

Jessiexo -- Were you able to get help with the information provided?

I am a Retired Official Comcast Employee and no longer actively support the Xfinity Forum.