Xfinity plant
Community Forum
Xfinity globe

Remote Code for a Polaroid FLM-1911 television

Regular Contributor

Remote Code for a Polaroid FLM-1911 television

Silver Comcast Remote with Gray Ok/Select Button

The online tool gives two 4-digit codes (0765, 0865), neither of which work.

Chat support is clueless.  Tried to give instructions for other remote types more than once.

Phone support is no better.

Hoping someone on the forums has a clue.

Accepted Solutions
Regular Contributor

Re: Remote Code for a Polaroid FLM-1911 television

I found my own solution.

We have multiple outlets in my house.

Another outlet from the one connected to my Polaroid TV has a DCT700 standard def STB ans a Sanyo TV that is not set up to be controlled by the Comcast remote.

The Comcast remote at this other outlet is a Silver Remote with a RED Ok/Select Button !

So I tried the Red Button, 5 dgit codes for a Polaroid TV and found one that works !

Then I tried the Grey Button, 4 ddigit codes for a Sanyo TV and ALSO FOUND ONE THAT WORKS !

I was prepared to go to my local Comcast office and ask for a replacement for my Gray Ok/Select Button Silver Remote, but that was not necessary.

I share this info in the hope that someone else with the same problem might see this thread.

All Replies
Expert

One of my tv's is a Polaroid. Like you the Polaroid codes in the remote manual (there are 11 of them) did not work for my remote, which is the gray remote with red OK/Select button.

After I got a dta for another tv, I decided to try something. I looked at the Polaroid codes for the DTA remote. At the time I decided to do this I figured it was a crazy idea that would not work.

I then started entering those codes in my gray with red OK button remote. Lo and behold one of them actually worked.

This is something you can try. It might also work for you. I will post the codes.The DTA codes were totally different, which is why I thought it would not work.  I cannot recall which one actually worked but to the best of my recollection I did hit upon the correct one early in the process.

Most likely code: 11769

Others to try: 11276, 11538, 11687, 11385, 11767, 11762, 10765, 10865, 11262, 11314, 11327, 11565, 11766, 12063, 11286, 11316, 11326, 11341, 11962, 12002, 11826, 10835, 10156

Regular Contributor

Thanks for the codes.

The grey-button 'mote uses 4-digit codes, but the Chat-Tech told me to try dropping the first digit.

I will try them as is and dropping the first digit and report back.

I may try asking for a red-button 'mote if all else fails.

Regular Contributor

5 digit codes are no good.

On the 4th digit, the TV button gives me a long blink, and the 5th digit registers as a channel selection for the cable box.

I will report back in a bit on the "drop the first digit" attempts.

Regular Contributor

Your 5 digit codes, first digit dropped, and sorted for simplicity:

0156 - valid, but does not work

0765 - valid, but does not work
0835 - invalid (one long blink after the 4th digit)
0865 - valid, but does not work
1262 - invalid
1276 - invalid
1286 - invalid
1314 - invalid
1316 - invalid
1326 - invalid
1327 - invalid
1341 - invalid
1385 - invalid
1538 - invalid
1565 - invalid
1687 - invalid
1762 - invalid
1766 - invalid
1767 - invalid

1769 - invalid

1826 - invalid

1962 - invalid
2002 - invalid
2063 - invalid

Anyone else have any ideas ?

Expert

I was hoping it would work for you.

Regular Contributor

You were hoping that instructions for the wrong type of remote would magically work for me ?

Would you care to explain that, please ?

Would you expect instructions for a Mac to work on a Microsoft PC ?

Silver Problem Solver

Regular Contributor

Thanks for the suggestion, commanguy, but I have already tried that.

I found another thread on another forum that suggests using Mitsubishi codes.  The Mitsubishi codes in the instructions for the Silver Remote with the Gray OK/Select Button are 0093, 0150, and your 0178.

None of them work.

But thanks for trying.

Regular Contributor

I found my own solution.

We have multiple outlets in my house.

Another outlet from the one connected to my Polaroid TV has a DCT700 standard def STB ans a Sanyo TV that is not set up to be controlled by the Comcast remote.

The Comcast remote at this other outlet is a Silver Remote with a RED Ok/Select Button !

So I tried the Red Button, 5 dgit codes for a Polaroid TV and found one that works !

Then I tried the Grey Button, 4 ddigit codes for a Sanyo TV and ALSO FOUND ONE THAT WORKS !

I was prepared to go to my local Comcast office and ask for a replacement for my Gray Ok/Select Button Silver Remote, but that was not necessary.

I share this info in the hope that someone else with the same problem might see this thread.

New Poster

Polaroid and ELEMENT are made by the same manufacturer.  If you can find a code for ELEMENT you should be good.  Comast did have a code for ELEMENT and it worked.