Community Forum

Remote/Cable Box Lag

Regular Visitor

Remote/Cable Box Lag

It such a shame that you pay so much for comcast service and some days at certain times (usually at the top of the hour) you can't change the channel or browse the guide menu for serveral mins (one day it was as long as 15 mins) because it lags so bad. It so annoying and frustrating when you want to quickly switch channels and you have to wait several mins or longer for your button presses to even do anything. Maybe the best thing to do is cancel tv service and just use internet streaming.

Expert

Re: Remote/Cable Box Lag

What model set top box do you have?

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Regular Visitor

Why does it take so long for remote to respond??

Why does it take so long for my remote to respond to my button presses? I just don't understand why I have to wait 10 to 15 mins sometimes for anything to happen when I want to quickly change the channel. Like tonight I wanted to watch a show that came on at 8pm and missed half the show because the remote wouldn't respone. This happens way to often and is very frustrating and annoying. Maybe I should just get rid of cable if this is the kind of service I'm gonna get.

Official Employee

Re: Why does it take so long for remote to respond??

Hello, Wheel75. Thanks for reaching out to us on the forums. I apologize to hear of the issues you are having with your remote not responding right away. I would like to look into this. Can you please send me a PM with your first and last name so I may further assist you?

To send a private message, please click my name "ComcastMichael" then select "Send a Message" on the right side.

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Official Employee

Re: Why does it take so long for remote to respond??

Hello, Wheel75. I have not heard back from you. If you still need assistance, please feel free to start a new thread.

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.