Community Forum

Re: error: createDrmSession.403-102

New Poster

Re: error: createDrmSession.403-102

Is there any solution to this problem I was on the phone tonight with xfinity and could not come to any conclusion. We switched modems and then we are now getting this code as well!
Expert

Re: error: createDrmSession.403-102


@Tpuntney26 wrote:
Is there any solution to this problem I was on the phone tonight with xfinity and could not come to any conclusion. We switched modems and then we are now getting this code as well!

it can take up to 24 hours to complete the change.  when you use the Xfinity my Account app and select the internet tab and then select the modem does the shown 'serial number' match your current modem/gateway's HFC MAC address (on the label)?



I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Regular Visitor

Re: error: createDrmSession.403-102

I’m having the same issue, new modem installed yesterday.  Two TVs with Roku both giving me the 403-102 error.  The mac in the app matches the modem label. I’ve power cycled everything, still no luck.

New Poster

Re: error: createDrmSession.403-102

Same problem as everyone      createDrmSession.403-102.   Occured Tues 12:30am, called phone support, that put in a Service Ticket for next day call back.   Searched on line and most responses pointed to corrupted modem table on Xfinity end.  

 

Went to Xfinity office and had them delete modem entry, 20 min wait, 3 min discussion with tech, 30 seconds to delete modem entry.    Went home, re-installed modem, and re-register each Roku with Xfinity.   All works again.   

 

Make sure you have modem install instruction before doing this.  You lose your working internet when the modem is deleted.

Frequent Visitor

Re: error: createDrmSession.403-102

I am also getting this error message. Counting wait times, I spent 4 1/2 hours over the past week talking (and waiting) with various Comcast technical support folks. We tried pretty much everything and then I was told the problem was with my brand new Roku Ultra. I went back to Best Buy and exchanged it, but still get the same message. Very frustrating!
Expert

Re: error: createDrmSession.403-102


@llhardie wrote:
I am also getting this error message. Counting wait times, I spent 4 1/2 hours over the past week talking (and waiting) with various Comcast technical support folks. We tried pretty much everything and then I was told the problem was with my brand new Roku Ultra. I went back to Best Buy and exchanged it, but still get the same message. Very frustrating!

comcast made some changes. try going to the xfinity app menu, press the gear icon (settings) and scroll down to sign out. then select sign in. after accepting terms and conditions, now working?



I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Frequent Visitor

Re: error: createDrmSession.403-102

On my Xfinity Beta app, there isn't an option to sign out.  However, I can do that under the Roku settings, which I have done, and I still get the same 403-102 message.  I have also uninstalled and then reinstalled the Xfinity Beta app 15-20 times, but that doesn't fix the problem.  My wireless connection is "excellent," and Netflix and Amazon work fine--it's just Xfinity/Comcast that doesn't work.  The reason I bought the Roku Ultra in the first place was so I could get Comcast channels on an additional TV without buying another cable box. 

Expert

Re: error: createDrmSession.403-102


@llhardie wrote:

On my Xfinity Beta app, there isn't an option to sign out.  However, I can do that under the Roku settings, which I have done, and I still get the same 403-102 message.  I have also uninstalled and then reinstalled the Xfinity Beta app 15-20 times, but that doesn't fix the problem.  My wireless connection is "excellent," and Netflix and Amazon work fine--it's just Xfinity/Comcast that doesn't work.  The reason I bought the Roku Ultra in the first place was so I could get Comcast channels on an additional TV without buying another cable box. 


when you launch the app do you get to a menu where you can pick live TV / recordings, etc? is there a 'gear' on the right? may have to scroll to see it to the right.



I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Frequent Visitor

Re: error: createDrmSession.403-102

No, after I launch the app I get a screen that says "Xfinity stream--Now connecting to your entertainment experience."  That sounds promising. 

 

However, the next screen says "Welcome! This device can only access XFINITY Stream on your in-home XFINITY WIFI.  Use the app on your smartphone, tablet or laptop to watch on the go, any time you like."  Below the above message there are two options I can select:  "Exit App" and "Sign Out."  Then, on the lower right it says "createDrmSession.403-102."  By the way, I have the Comcast "triple play" (internet, phone, cable TV) and I am using Comcast's modem and router.

 

So, I never get as far as seeing a gear in the Xfinity Beta app where I can pick live TV/recordings, etc.  This certainly isn't worth all of the time I have spent on it, but I'm stubborn enough that I would like to know what the problem is.  A few days ago, Comcast told me that they were having problems with their server, but it had been fixed.

Expert

Re: error: createDrmSession.403-102


@llhardie wrote:

No, after I launch the app I get a screen that says "Xfinity stream--Now connecting to your entertainment experience."  That sounds promising. 

 

However, the next screen says "Welcome! This device can only access XFINITY Stream on your in-home XFINITY WIFI.  Use the app on your smartphone, tablet or laptop to watch on the go, any time you like."  Below the above message there are two options I can select:  "Exit App" and "Sign Out."  Then, on the lower right it says "createDrmSession.403-102."  By the way, I have the Comcast "triple play" (internet, phone, cable TV) and I am using Comcast's modem and router.

 

So, I never get as far as seeing a gear in the Xfinity Beta app where I can pick live TV/recordings, etc.  This certainly isn't worth all of the time I have spent on it, but I'm stubborn enough that I would like to know what the problem is.  A few days ago, Comcast told me that they were having problems with their server, but it had been fixed.


does a wireless PC or an apple/android smart device play properly with the Xfinity site/stream app? if so check the wifi 'SSID' on the smart device (name of wifi connection) and compare to the TV's system menu for connection to your wifi. same 'SSID" name?



I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Frequent Visitor

Re: error: createDrmSession.403-102

Yes, the Xfinity Stream app works fine on my iPhone 8.  And my iPhone and my Roku Ultra are connected to the wifi using the same SSID name.  The Roku says that the wifi signal strength is "excellent."

Official Employee

Re: error: createDrmSession.403-102

Hello All, 

 

If you are currently experiencing the error message createDrmSession.403-102, please send me a private message with your name and phone number so I can assist. 

 

KenF


I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Frequent Visitor

Re: error: createDrmSession.403-102

I'm not sure if this is private or not, but here is the information you requested:

 

<forums violation>

Official Employee

Re: error: createDrmSession.403-102

 

llhardie-- that wasn't a private message. If you click on my name, you'll be directed to another page where you can "send a message". 

 

KenF


I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!