Community Forum

Re: TiVo + Xfinity: Missing HD Channel (V52 Error) 50% of the time on TiVo Bolt, but not on Premiere

New Poster

Re: TiVo + Xfinity: Missing HD Channel (V52 Error) 50% of the time on TiVo Bolt, but not on Premiere

I just received two new TiVo bolts (previous two were fried when PG&E thew a temper tantrum and fried them).

I went to the Xfinity store and picked up two new cable cards. After an hour or so, I was able to get both cards paired. One can receive CSN Bay Area channel 720, and the other cannot.

The problem Bolt shows all channels full strength, except 720 and 721 with zero signal.

Gold Problem Solver

Please see https://tivoidp.tivo.com/tivoCommunitySupport/s/article/V52-Error-Code:

V52: Lost Signal

Cause: The message displayed to the user when attempting to tune to a channel or enter live TV and there is no RF signal.

The symptom might by caused by a bad Tivo but is more likely due to a poor connection between the box and Comcast's network, usually in or near your home.

Troubleshoot by checking all connectors for corrosion and tightness, and by looking for damaged coax cable. Running the cable through a surge protector, a defective splitter, or too many splitters can cause signal problems as well. If there is an amplifier in the line make sure it's getting power. You could test the Tivo by hooking it up at the location where the channel is working.

If you can't find the problem, call them at the phone number on your bill or 1-800-Comcast, or chat with them using the TV Support option at https://support.xfinity.com/chat. If they can't fix the problem remotely, insist they send a tech out to identify the cause and correct it.

If the tech finds bad coax, splitters, amplifiers, or connections in your home (even if Comcast originally supplied them) you'll probably have to pay for the visit unless you have their Service Protection Plan (https://www.xfinity.com/support/articles/service-protection-plan, closed to customers that don't already have it). If the trouble is due to a faulty Comcast rental device or anything outside your home, you shouldn't be charged.

Official Employee

Hello, Badwolf5150! Welcome to the Xfinity Forum! I can check if there are any issues with pairing and connection. Could you please send me a private message and include your full name? Click on my name ComcastElla, then click Send a message.

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
New Poster

Solved mine by following very single coaxial cable connection and tightening all- in and out of surge protectors, in and out of walls, coming into house etc.