Community Forum

Re: Issues with cable, status code 225

New Poster

I have also had this prob for a while on all different boxes.

Gold Problem Solver

Admin1

Hi Catoci -- Status 225 indicates an interruption in signal. I have sent refresh signals to your boxes to try and clear that issue. If it doesn't then you would need a tech to come resolve this problem. I can have one scheduled for you should you need one. 

New Poster

I have the code 225 very badly on just one TV. I have had Comcast here multiple times. It seemed better for a while, but is now worse than ever. The last tech told me to hire someone to rewrite my whole house. This is a huge expense and I cannot trust that this will fix the issue. So frustrated.

Gold Problem Solver

suki-s wrote:

I have the code 225 very badly on just one TV. I have had Comcast here multiple times. It seemed better for a while, but is now worse than ever. The last tech told me to hire someone to rewrite my whole house. This is a huge expense and I cannot trust that this will fix the issue. So frustrated.

Older cable inside walls and attics does indeed go bad in certain circumstances and a rewire always fixes the issue.   If it is happening on only one cable outlet, you may try just replacing that wire and its connectors and associated splitters to save costs at this time.

New Poster

I am at wits end with the 225 status code issue.  Reading these stories out here, I'm under the impression Comcast is not finding a solution.  Am I reading this right?  I had 3 techs out here already.  All with a different idea.  Last one was suppose to submit a work order - but Xfinity (via PM  on facebook) doesn't see it .  Last thing I was told is that theres a bad splitter.  Does that make sense?   225 status code flashes on several channels  several times a day.  Of course I'm not glued to the tv 24/7.  So who know how much more I'd be seeing it if I really paid attention. It's so annoying!