Community Forum

Re: HBO GO on TiVo NOT available

Regular Contributor

With On-Demand going away on Tivo boxes they should support apps such as HBO Go and Epix. Just one more reason to change providers once my contract is up.
Official Employee

joenhre08, thanks for that feedback. In the meantime, you can stream HBO content via the XFINITY Stream app. Check it out! https://www.xfinity.com/get-stream

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Frequent Visitor

This is my question also as I see that HBO go is not available on TiVo or Android TV with a Comcast subscription. If you try to log in with a Comcast account on either device there is a message that the service is not supported on the device by the provider (Comcast).
If you are now longer supporting the on demand app for TiVo can we get the HBO go app for TiVo and Android Tv?
Also I see that there is a. Xfinity stream app for Android phones and tablets but not for Android TV. A version for this would be great and helpful as not all customers have a Roku or Apple TV.
Regular Visitor

On my Tivo, under apps, is the HBO GO app.    It says something about activatiing it.

Will this cost me?    Will this work after 6/25?    Will this give me everything HBO that I have had with the Xfinity app?

Regular Contributor

There is no Xfinity stream app available on Tivo devices. I don't want to hook a laptop up to my TV. The Xfinity stream app/channel/website on all platforms still has the terrible implementation of the favorite channels list in the guide. It is not a viable replacement for Xfinity On-Demand access on Tivo devices. The stream app interface does not come close to that of Tivo. I tried the X1 interface and was not impressed. Plus the X1 DVR has the limitation of a paltry 60 or 100 hours of storage. Which pales in comparison to the 450 hours of HD programming storage my Roamio Pro provides.

This issue plus removal of channels such as ID, Up TV and WE Tv, plus refusal of Comcast to support the Starz app on any device, plus refusal of Comcast to support many other apps on Android TV devices has finally pushed me over the edge. I will be moving to another provider for my Internet, TV and mobile phone service once my contract with Comcast is done.
Official Employee

joenhre08, thanks for posting here. I Appreciate your feedback. I'd hate to lose you as a customer. While I am not able to get those channels back for you, I do want you to know that we are partnering with LG and Sony to get our Stream app on those platforms. So our app is expanding! We currently provide the App and its full functionality on Roku and most mobile devices (select Amazon, Apple, and Android devices). I encourage you to check them out as they are pretty intuitive and have a pretty beautiful UI. 

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!