Xfinity plant
Community Forum
Xfinity globe

Re: Bad signal MSNBC

Regular Contributor

Today December !4, 2017 I too am experiencing MSNBC freezing and skipping again. Only on HD MSNBC (channel 787).    No other channel has this  problem.  HDMI connections to Box and TV are all tight.  If Comcast does not resolve at their end I am truly ready to dump Comcast (will give Direct TV a chance).  Am sick and tired of problems with obscenely expensive Comcast.

Stephen L

Accepted Solutions
Official Employee

SLannes wrote:

I DO NOT WANT A TECHNICIAN VISIT. 

EXCERPT FROM MY POSTING RE LAST TECH VISIT:

My RNG150N box has been working perfectly except for MSNBC (replaced a defective RNG 110 but I had to resolve issues after tech left --lousy dim picture   (reset TV to factory defaults to restore picture ) and SD channels stretched he would not resolve and claimed could not be changed ( I used XR2 remote off menu to change horrid stretch setting.

_________________________________________________________________________________

RE: A technician visit may be required so that the signal levels can be reviewed and adjusted if necessary. 

MSNBC working fine now.  Per above tech experience --------- Again, I DO NOT WANT A TECHNICIAN VISIT.   

Stephen L

Understood. Please know that box swaps, box refreshes and multiple box refreshes may not resolve this issue if there is an underlying local signal issue. It is likely that the issue may resurface again if the underlying issue is not addressed.

All Replies
Official Employee

SLannes wrote:

Today December !4, 2017 I too am experiencing MSNBC freezing and skipping again. Only on HD MSNBC (channel 787).    No other channel has this  problem.  HDMI connections to Box and TV are all tight.  If Comcast does not resolve at their end I am truly ready to dump Comcast (will give Direct TV a chance).  Am sick and tired of problems with obscenely expensive Comcast.

Stephen L

Apologies for the issue and the experience that you described above.

Pixelation and audio-video dropout issues are almost always related to local or individual signal or connection issues. The issue can occur on a single channel or multiple channels due to the frequency or frequency range that the channel is delivered on. Changes in temperatures can also aggravate the issue.

Box swaps, box refreshes and multiple box refreshes may not resolve this issue if there is an underlying local signal issue.

I have asked that someone on our local team review your account (I did not see any technician visits listed at your address in the past 30 days) so that we can start the troubleshooting process and get this resolved.

I do see some signal level issues on the RNG 150N device that need some attention. 

A technician visit may be required so that the signal levels can be reviewed and adjusted if necessary. There is no charge if the issue is determined to be with our equipment or originating outside your home.

Also, we really would like to swap your current devices (RNG 150N and DCT 2000) for newer devices on your account as well (no charge for that). 

Regular Contributor

My RNG150N box has been working perfectly except for MSNBC (replaced a defective RNG 110 but I had to resolve issues after tech left --lousy dim picture   (reset TV to factory defaults to restore picture ) and SD channels stretched he would not resolve and claimed could not be changed ( I used XR2 remote off menu to change horrid stretch setting.

_________________________________________________________________________________

RE: A technician visit may be required so that the signal levels can be reviewed and adjusted if necessary. 

MSNBC working fine now.  Per above tech experience --------- Again, I DO NOT WANT A TECHNICIAN VISIT.   

Stephen L

Official Employee

SLannes wrote:

Stephen L

Understood. Please know that box swaps, box refreshes and multiple box refreshes may not resolve this issue if there is an underlying local signal issue. It is likely that the issue may resurface again if the underlying issue is not addressed.

Official Employee
Moved: