Community Forum

Re: Amazon prime app on x1 says internet connection error

Regular Visitor

I am having the same issues with Amazon Prime not playing, just getting connection error while everything else plays. I tried to find a way to PM ComcastKenF but no luck. Could someone help please?

New Poster

I also tried to find a way to contact @ComcastKenF and no luck. This support service is a joke.

Diamond Problem Solver

Try again, you need to make at least 1 public post before you have the ability to send a Private Message

I am a Retired Official Comcast Employee
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark a post as the Best Answer!
New Poster

I have been unable to access Amazon Prime on Comcast for at least a week. Before that, I could access, but it would slow down (spinning circle) intermittently and I would have to restart. (This latter issue has also been happening on Showtime when we use Chromecast). Now when I try to access Amazon Prime it will start (still with spinning circle present) then suddenly cut back to the TiVo starting page (we use TiVo). We have no idea what is happening.
Contributor

This forum topic is about the X1 platform, which is Xfinity's competitor to Tivo.  For help with your Tivo problem, first contact Xfinity customer support at https://www.xfinity.com/support/contact-us/

New Poster

Thank you.

Expert

removed off-topic posts to non-x1 area of the forum

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
New Poster

I experienced this problem also, I think that it is a software handshake issue, the app attempting to identify itself to amazon prime.  The reason that i say this is that I was able to fix the issue, after many tries at watching the movie I wanted, by logging into amazon prime and starting the movie there.  I allowed the internet connection to stay up for about 10 minutes then attempted to use the app on xfinity once again this time my movie started right up, no reboots, no xfinity service calls, no changed set top boxes, soo go figure!