Community Forum

Problem with secondary adapter box

Regular Visitor

Problem with secondary adapter box

I use a coax type connection with the Comcast adapter box in my bedroom.   I recently changed TVs and for some reason, the adapter box remote control will not turn off the new TV.  I need to use the TV remote to turn it off but the TV remote can not be used to change channels.   This is weird.   The remote for the small converter box has always worked to turn off the TV in the past but not now.

Plus, the picture quality of the new TV (a newer version HD) is not very good.    Any ideas why the remote no longer turns off the TV?   It's a pain to use two different remotes... with one just used to turn the TV off and on.

Official Employee

Re: Problem with secondary adapter box

GAT1 wrote:

I use a coax type connection with the Comcast adapter box in my bedroom.   I recently changed TVs and for some reason, the adapter box remote control will not turn off the new TV.  I need to use the TV remote to turn it off but the TV remote can not be used to change channels.   This is weird.   The remote for the small converter box has always worked to turn off the TV in the past but not now.

Plus, the picture quality of the new TV (a newer version HD) is not very good.    Any ideas why the remote no longer turns off the TV?   It's a pain to use two different remotes... with one just used to turn the TV off and on.

Reprogram your remote for the new TV

https://www.xfinity.com/support/remotes/

Swap out the DTA for an HD DTA at your local service center

Regular Visitor

Thanks!   That Worked!  (It's been so long since I changed TVs that I forgot about the programming for the remote).    If I just show up with the DTA will they go ahead and trade me for the new HD DTA without going through the call center hoops?   If so,  that would make me happy!

Official Employee

You should be able to swap it (or your other DTAs) with no problem.
Official Employee

GAT1, or I can send you a HDDTA via the mail for exchange if you don't want to go to a Store. Let me know.