Community Forum

Poor reception of all sports channels

New Poster

Poor reception of all sports channels

It doesn't matter which sport channel, I experience poor reception.  I do have a splitter in the home, but I don't understand why I do not experience reception issues on any other channels except FS1, ESPN, FoxSports, etc.  Anytime during the broadcast, the screen will become pixalated and will jump back and forth from normal reception to one the screen being all pixels and no sound.  Can someone please advise?  Do I need a new box?

Gold Problem Solver

Re: Poor reception of all sports channels

@Soccherchick wrote:

It doesn't matter which sport channel, I experience poor reception.  I do have a splitter in the home, but I don't understand why I do not experience reception issues on any other channels except FS1, ESPN, FoxSports, etc.  Anytime during the broadcast, the screen will become pixalated and will jump back and forth from normal reception to one the screen being all pixels and no sound.  Can someone please advise?  Do I need a new box?

You may not need to swap out the box....  you probably need the services of a Comcast TECH onsite to evaluate the cause and make the necessary repairs.... especially if these channels are experiencing a frequency transmission problem.

Frequent Visitor

Re: Poor reception of all sports channels

I'm having the same exact issue.  All sports channels and only sports channels (NESN, NBCSN, ComcastSN, ESPN, NFLN, etc....) are at times unwatchable.  It's happening on all TV's with the lines coming from different splitters.  The main TV is only split once.  If the sporting event is on a regular broadcast network, no issues.  The signal strength is good, I've done a system refresh, no change.  There are times when it's OK, but when it's bad, it's really bad.

Comcast must be doing something to the sports channels that is an issue in my house and some other customers as well.

Unfortunately, trying to schedule a tech visit will be a challenge since it's very difficult to have someone home during normal business hours.  I wish someone could give a hint that would explain the signal difference between sports channels and all other channels.

Grrrr......