Community Forum

Poor TV signal

New Poster

Poor TV signal

I'm curious as to why our TV keeps cutting in and out.  It has been pixilating off and on making it very frustrating.  Is there some kind of problem with the connection?  This is not the first time we have experience it - makes it a little hard to swallow the large bill we pay monthly only to have a really "sucky" signal.

New Poster

Re: Poor TV signal

I'm having the exact same issue! It is happening in on both DVRs. It has been really bad the last few days but it has happened randomly quite a bit too.

Is there anything we can do to test the signal?

I had this issue a few years ago and my internet was also cutting out and they ended up boosting the signal to my house.

Gold Problem Solver

Pixelation and blank screens are most likely due to a poor connection between your cable box and Comcast. Check all connectors and look for damaged coax cable. Running the cable through a surge protector can cause signal problems as well.

If you can't find the problem, call them at 1-800-Comcast and have them send a tech out to identify the cause and correct it. If the tech finds the cause to be bad coax, splitters, or connections in your home you'll probably have to pay for the visit unless you have their Service Protection Plan (about $4/mo). If the trouble is due to a faulty Comcast cable box/DVR or anything outside, you shouldn't be charged.

New Poster

Same exact thing here in Pacifica, CA. I have two TVs in the house. One has a Tivo DVR, the other is a simple SD set-top box. Same issue on both TVs.

-Cory

Official Employee

fogcitycory wrote:

Same exact thing here in Pacifica, CA. I have two TVs in the house. One has a Tivo DVR, the other is a simple SD set-top box. Same issue on both TVs.

-Cory

BruceW has the answer above. My "usual" answer below:

Pixelation and audio-video dropout issues are almost always related to local or individual signal or connection issues. The issue can occur on a single channel or multiple channels due to the frequency or frequency range that the channel is delivered on. Changes in temperatures can also aggravate the issue.

Check to be sure that all of your cable connections are snug.

Give us a call at 1-800-COMCAST and we can start the troubleshooting process and get this resolved. Insist on a technician visit so that the signal levels can be reviewed and adjusted if necessary.

Thanks for your patience.

Gold Problem Solver
Moved: