Xfinity plant
Xfinity globe
Community Forum

Picture frozen but tv works HELP

New Poster

Picture frozen but tv works HELP

I have a hisense smart tv and i was watching tv shows on the internet on the tv. All of a sudden the picture froze and automatically went back to normal cable but the picture stayed froze on what i was watching..i unplugged everything and the picture stayed the same, (even though the tv went of and came back on) i can change the channel and everything is just that it's stuck on what i was watching on the internet..any suggestion
1479003574300-333015340.jpg
Official Employee

Re: Picture frozen but tv works HELP

Is your tv on the proper input for the cable box?
Frequent Visitor

I'm having the same problem. 

The picture is stuck on HGTV and I can change channels - and hear the other channel, but the picture is frozen on a different channel. 

This is new. 

PS..I have already: 

Shut down TV and restarted

Shut down box and restarted

Sent reboot to box

checked all of the connections

And yes, we're on the proper input. 

Any other ideas? 

Tags (1)
Problem Solver

You were using the Internet when the down-load failed.

Have you unplugged the wifi/router and allowed it to re-set?

Will your television work with an antenna when you switch the source to "Antenna"? Even if you do not have access to over the air television signals where you live, the television should lose the current picture frozen on your tv screen. You should see a screen asking you to run a search for channels, or something similar.

If the frozen picture remains the problem is with your television. I would contact the dealer were you bought the tv, to find who services your brand tv under warranty or otherwise.

New Poster

My tv screen freezes but I can still change channel. But only audio changes. Screen stays frozen. What is the problem ?
Expert

Billydvan wrote:
My tv screen freezes but I can still change channel. But only audio changes. Screen stays frozen. What is the problem ?

Which Comcast STB do you have?  

New Poster

Help