Community Forum

PERFECT SOUND BUT NO PICTURE WHATSOEVER!

New Poster

PERFECT SOUND BUT NO PICTURE WHATSOEVER!

Hi Gang,

I sure hope I'm in the right place for this posting as I'm so new here I squeak!  To save my life as well as two (2) tech support reps trying as well, its still nada, nothing happening.  Here is a little background info:  I own a SANYO HD Model #DP32648.  Having given you that info, please note, my issue has happened TWICE; this being the 2nd time.

Now for the issue:

• I have perfect sound but no picture whatsoever
  • The screen is just as black as it is when I turn it off at night
  • Each and every time, a signal has been sent to the box from a tech support rep-- bingo! Picture's back, life's grand.
  • Today, Sat., 8, 2012, I leave my living room to get my rottweiler's "lunch" as we call it, came back to the living room and there it was that same darn [and I assure you all, I'm being very polite posting this because my Irish/Blackfoot Indian heritage is so close to the surface its scary] black screen.
  • As info, I've checked and rechecked 3 times to be exact that all plugs are in the correct ports, all plugs in those ports are tight.
  • I've also unplugged and replugged after a minute or so all the correct lines to see if I could reset the box as well as the TV.  Results = ZIP, ZERO, NADA, nothing!

Have any of y'all experienced this phenomenon? I'd be forever grateful if you could please remember what the tech may or maynot have done to get your picture back. I promise you this is driving me nuts; however, I would be so gladly indebted to you for your help!!!!

Thank you so very very much,

Linda "RED"  Fields

Have a Great Day

Official Employee
Moved:

Re: PERFECT SOUND BUT NO PICTURE WHATSOEVER!

Diamond Problem Solver

Share the model of your cable box and how it's connected to the TV, like component or HDMI.

New Poster

We just had this happen on two of our 4 TVs. Both of these TVs use the little Comcast digital cable converter boxes. Power cycling -- unplug for a minute or 2, then plug back in  -- the little box fixed the problem.

New Poster

Thanks for this tip.  It worked perfectly!!