Community Forum

PEG Access Support

Regular Contributor

PEG Access Support

What is PEG Access Support fee of $5.25 suddenly appearing on my latest bill with no advance notice.

What is it?  I could not get a sensible answer from Comcast offshore CSR.  She merely implied government mandated.

Stephen L

Official Employee

Re: PEG Access Support

SLannes wrote:

What is PEG Access Support fee of $5.25 suddenly appearing on my latest bill with no advance notice.

What is it?  I could not get a sensible answer from Comcast offshore CSR.  She merely implied government mandated.

Stephen L

Apologies for the experience that you described above.

I have asked someone on our California team to reach out to you directly to better explain this fee.

I do see on your bill dated October 20 the following statement: This bill may reflect a change in your taxes and/or fees due to a recent correction.

I do have some general information below on this fee that may be helpful:

Comcast collects PEG Fees from Comcast Business TV and XFINITY TV subscribers and then pays those fees to the local municipality in accordance with the agreement with the city/county. .

What is a PEG Fee?
Comcast collects this fee for the county/city or town to support the community access cable channels and the costs associated with access TV productions. The town's cable license agreement states the amount of the fee. It can range in rate depending on the town's community access needs.

Why is my bill going up?
Due to an audit, customers could see a change in their taxes and fees beginning as early as 07/01/2017 due to the tax corrections being made.

Your Local Franchise Authority Is: County of Santa Cruz - FCC Unit #CA0242 701 Ocean Street, Room 520 Santa Cruz, CA 95060

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Regular Visitor

The Franchise fees and the PEG fees are being shown on my bill as increases.
It seems to me that just about every month, Xfinity keeps increasing service fees, 
other charges and taxes.  I see my monthly bill increasing just about each month.

This is outrageous, especially for disabled senior citizens as myself.

Bottom line, "greed" seems to be Xfinity's motto - also, "let's just pass the cost 

increases to the consumers/users." Too sad on your part.
Suggestion:  Increase prices on a yearly basis, "never on a monthly - pay as you must - 

because you are ' our user ' ."

New Poster

I wouldn't be too angry just at Comcast. The cities, counties and every other jurisdiction see cable TV franchise as a way to tax you and make it look like Comcast is the bad guy. Cable TV, Cell phone bills, water and utilities all add these charges that go to pay for pet projects that you likely don't benefit from or care about. PEG fees pay for those 'city council' and other government programs nobody really watches. Of course, comcast knows that's the way to pay off the rules makers and they're willing to pass this on to you.