Community Forum

On Demand and Caller ID not working, No IP Address on 3 Cable Boxes!

Most Valued Poster

On Demand and Caller ID not working, No IP Address on 3 Cable Boxes!

This past Saturday all our service was down for about 6 hours for a scheduled maintenance. After that I noticed that Video On Demand and On Screen Caller ID was no longer working. When I look at the Interactive Service Settings, it should show an IP Address, but now is all 0000.

I have reset all 3 of our boxes a few times, and called into tech support. They said they could not connect to the boxes to send a refresh signal, so set a Tech to come out next week.

I doubt this Tech would find any problem with my equipment, since I've never had any VOD or Interactive issues as I've had the DCX boxes for 10 year. But now since the scheduled service 5 days ago, the VOD, Caller ID and Interactive Services aren't connecting.

These are the error codes:

CL-17

ETV-1000

Most Valued Poster

Re: On Demand and Caller ID not working, No IP Address on 3 Cable Boxes!

Are any Comcast Employees abe to look into this issue? 6 days now, and phone support isn't able to do anything on their end.

Most Valued Poster

@ComcastPhill @ComcastChe 

I had a Tech come out earlier this week and here's what happened...

First he checked the signal at the outside Tap and said it was perfect.

I told him that when I called Support, they said there was Line Noise in the area that could be the cause of the issues with VOD and Caller ID not working. He said No, there is no line noise.

After he checked the DCX3400 DVR box, he said the issue with OnDemand and CallerID not working is because these boxes are EOL (End of Life) and no longer supported.

He said the ONLY way he could get On Demand and Caller ID working today would be to change out everything to X1 boxes.

I told him that I wasn't looking to change out to X1, because I have a lot of DVR Recording (external 2TB eSATA drive) and I would end up losing all my recordings.

I explained to him that everything was working fine for years, then after the scheduled service on the 2/8 it started with these problem.

He said that there is still a "chance" that OnDemand and CallerID "might" come back on, but to give it another week and see.

When I asked him about the X1, he said that none of the X1 boxes they install use internal DVR Hard Drive any more, that it's now all cloud-based recordings and you only get 1TB. He showed me the 4K X1 box, and it only has 1 HDMI output, which wouldn't work for me,

as I also use the digital audio out for my home audio system.

So basically this tech (which said he's worked for Comcast for 10 years) had zero interest in investigating to seeing if the problem could be fixed, or if it was an issue in their system since it just started after the maintenance the prior week. All he wanted to do was push X1 on me, and after I told him No, he had me call and cancel the appointment since he wasn't even logged into the work order yet, and said that would save me a service visit fee.

I'm not sure what to do. But if Comcast is now disabling OnDemand, On-Screen CallerID, remote DVR scheduling via the app, and the other IP-Based Interactive services for legacy customers just to force X1 on us, this is not good.

In that case, you can start to credit me back monthly for these services that I'm paying for that are no longer working.

Valued Contributor

I would like to know if Comcast will be soon disabling Video On Demand, On Screen Caller ID, and other IP Based features on non-X1 (legacy) cable boxes as the first step towards recalling all legacy boxes (for a forced replacement by X1 boxes)?

Has any official date been set for recalling the non-X1 cable boxes??