Community Forum

Old PC Monitor as TV

Frequent Visitor

Old PC Monitor as TV

I have an old PC monitor that I'd like to use as a TV. Has anyone been successful connecting a Comcast provided cable box (model DC50Xu) to a PC monitor?

Expert

Re: Old PC Monitor as TV

That Comcast adapter has COAX out only, I've never seen a monitor that accepts coax inputs. 

You could try looking for an RF modulator that will take the coax RF output from the box and converit to HDMI to use with the monitor, or whatever input it might take. 

And then there's the matter of the sound, as well as the video - how will you get the sound from the monitor?

For the amount of money you'll have to spend on adapters, converters, and cables, you might be better off just either switching that cable box or buying a TV. 

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Frequent Visitor

Thank you for your response.

I'm not sure what you mean when you said "you might be better off just either switching that cable box . . ."

Would you please explain further?

Highlighted
Expert

I mean take it down to your local Comcast store and upgrade it to a newer model.

Plus what does video input does that monitor support - VGA, DVI, or HDMI? Does the monitor have speakers?

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Frequent Visitor

My monitor supports VGA and DVI video input and yes it has speakers.