Community Forum

No sound on TV

New Poster

No sound on TV

Today we turned on the TV and had great picture - but no sound.  Tried mute & unmute, volume +/- , changed channels, etc - nothing worked.  

So, I unplugged the Xfinity box, it rebooted and we had sound.

Now, 6 hours later, no sound again and this time reboot did not work.

Please help

Expert

Re: No sound on TV

Your cable-box may be failing. I would exchange the remote and box at your nearest service center, or call Comcast for help on the current box.

New Poster

Hi there

I will recommend trying this steps first before swapping the box

http://forums.xfinity.com/t5/Non-X1-Service/Spanish-Audio-No-Audio-DVS-SAP-Secondary-Audio-Program/t...

after trying that steps let us know if you are still having issues

New Poster

I lost sound on only channel 820, Fox News.  Pressing shortcut key D on my XR2 remote control restored the sound.  No matter what channel I am tuned to, pressing key D mutes channel 820.  So, if I accidentally bump key D, I may not immediatelly realize that channel 820 has been muted.

New Poster

Ok, I'll bite, Why has liberal comcast only have this problem with Fox?  I have NEVER experienced it with ANY other channel.  Sounds suspect to me

Official Employee

Hi jcech344, I can assist you with getting your sound issue repaired. To confirm, you only have issues with Fox and no other channels? 

New Poster

My sound keeps going away and it’s getting worse. I’ve reset the box too many times. Got a new remote. That didnt fix it. The link above is old and outdated for a fix before replacing box. I pay too much money to have subpar equipment.
New Poster

I cannot get sound on WCYB during any local broadcasts of news (during The Today Show there is sound) and afternoon syndicated shows. I have a new Samsung TV and a new cable/Dvr box. The channel has sound on the tv downstairs. I have looked at Languages and I am set on English. All other channels are fine. DVR failed to record Bill Board Music Awards on that network last night. I have successfully recorded on the DVR all other times. Any advice would be appreciated. 

New Poster

I fixed it by googling and reading this forum. I knew that it was a language issue but just couldn’t figure out how to access that with the new remote. So I am writing to thank myself for a job 👍 well done through perseverance. I just knew it wasn’t Comcast or the tv network. It was all in the default audio setting. Happy. 

New Poster

I am recurringly not receiving sound on FOX NEWS CHANNEL. Are you guys doing this on purpose?
New Poster

This only happens on Fox news Channel. I have Comcast. I have seen that this is happening with other cable providers as well. I’m contacting the authorities
New Poster

No sound AGAIN, have checked cables , and all plugs. "refreshed' for weeks  Perfect Picture again but no sound. This audio problem seems to be happening to alot of customers of comcast.  Expensive service to not be working.  (No customer service email correspondance only chat or phone delays ... want what I am paying for to service me.)

Kay McKay