Community Forum

No picture but sound

Frequent Visitor

No picture but sound

Yesterday our TV picture would go black but keep the sound.  If we shut down for 5/10 minutes the picture would come back, last about an hour or so and then black again...round and round we went.  Any ideas before I get on the phone with Comcast; gosh I dislike calling and hanging on the phone with them.  Thanks!

Official Employee

Re: No picture but sound

DonnaMB1223 wrote:

Yesterday our TV picture would go black but keep the sound.  If we shut down for 5/10 minutes the picture would come back, last about an hour or so and then black again...round and round we went.  Any ideas before I get on the phone with Comcast; gosh I dislike calling and hanging on the phone with them.  Thanks!

Have you hooked up the cable box to a different TV to ensure its the cable box failing and not the TV?

Frequent Visitor

No, i have not done that - tried doing that one other time and ended up not reconnecting correctly and having problems.

Today, we haven't had a problem.  If it happens again, I will request a refresh and if necessary request a service call for a new box unless there is some other solution?

Thanks for responding!

Frequent Visitor

Turns out it was the TV!

Official Employee

Thank you for the update DonnaMB1225, please let us know if you have any questions or concerns in the future.

Thank you