Xfinity plant
Xfinity globe
Community Forum

New self install set top box wont turn on

New Poster

New self install set top box wont turn on

With my new self install the set top digital box wont turn on.  When i plug it in it does a spinny thing on the display but that is the only time anything shows on the box. The power button doesnt work and the remote control wont turn it on either.    What do I need to do to get it to work?

EDIT: SA 3250 box

Accepted Solutions
Expert

Re: New self install set top box wont turn on

Of the three posters on this thread, no one has posted what model box they received.  I am under the belief that the Scientific Atlanta / Cisco boxes need a live cable connection to power up.  If the TV outlet is not activated they shut down.

All Replies
New Poster

I had the same issue today. And comcast tells me that it will be two weeks before they can send someone else out.

EDIT: Cisco RNG 200 box

Gold Problem Solver

holtanmir wrote: With my new self install the set top digital box wont turn on. ...

What is the box brand and model number?

New Poster

I have the same issue.  I received my box today and when I tried to set it up, the box came on for about 10 seconds and then cut off.  I was told to go to a center and swap out the box.  I'm wondering why boxes are shipped out when they don't work.

Expert

Of the three posters on this thread, no one has posted what model box they received.  I am under the belief that the Scientific Atlanta / Cisco boxes need a live cable connection to power up.  If the TV outlet is not activated they shut down.

New Poster

My box is a Scientific/Atlantic. I found out today what my issue is.  My living room is still wired with Directv that my son had instaled there previously.  I have to have a technician come out and switch it out.  I did ask the techs on the phone about this and nobody seemed to know the answer until today.  Sheesh!  Now I have to wait a week for a tech to come, and meanwhile I'm watching my season premiers online a day late.

New Poster

This happened to me.  Go to www.comcast.com/activate and it shows you need to have the comcast input cable in the box.  The account number they ask for online is on the receipt the gave you, about 12 numbers.  Good luck!

New Poster

Also, once you activate your new box (mine is Cisco), Comcast will show you online when you're connnected.  If the box appears do nothing at first or very little, let it sit for 60 minutes (I know) and then it will be then load everything...good luck