Community Forum

Need new set-top box

Highlighted
Regular Visitor

Need new set-top box

One of my set-top boxes died about two months ago. I've tried repeatedly to contact Comcast to request a replacement, but there are no phone numbers. to call, their Knoxville stores are closed, and their "Internet Assistant" DOES NOT WORK (I've tried it about a hundred times). Paying a monthly fee for something that doesn't work from a caompany that gives you NO WAY to contact them is the height of furstration. This is the absolutely worst company I've ever dealt with.

Can anyone tell me how I get this defunct box replaced???????????

Highlighted
New Poster

Re: Need new set-top box

I have been trying to do the same thing for 1 month. Talked to someone once was promised one to be delivered but never came. There service is real bad.

Highlighted
Regular Visitor

Their service is not "real bad" - it's non-existent! You can't call them, their "stores" are closed, and their pathetic "Internet Assistant" just does not work at all. It's obvious that they have zero interest in providing any service to their customers.

But how did you manage to request a new box, please?

Highlighted
New Poster

I called the 1 800 number for customer service. Its automated but somehow answered the questions the right way and they connected me. Took about 4 tries to answer the right way. Good luck. I think the key was have them run a test on the box. Then they see it is bad and connected me.

Highlighted
Regular Visitor

Great! But what is the 800 number for customer service?????

Highlighted
New Poster

800 934 6489

Highlighted
Regular Visitor

Thank you!