Community Forum

Need Remote Code for Sceptre TV

Frequent Visitor

Need Remote Code for Sceptre TV

Does anybody have the remote code for a sceptre TV?  I have the Comcast Universal remote with the Red

ok/select button 

Silver Problem Solver

Re: Need Remote Code for Sceptre TV

try these plus the sony codes.

10878, 11217, 11360, 11599

New Poster

having the same problem , we have a sceptre tv. the codes do not work and the sony ones dont either. is there a way to manually go through codes without typing them all in? i have worked with a lot of programmable remotes and there is usually a way to cycle through the codes.

Gold Problem Solver

Lspahn wrote:

having the same problem , we have a sceptre tv. the codes do not work and the sony ones dont either. is there a way to manually go through codes without typing them all in? i have worked with a lot of programmable remotes and there is usually a way to cycle through the codes.

There is a post in the X1 forums for XR5, XR11 manual code search...don't know which remote you have, but it's worth a shot.  Look at the bottom of the post for the manual code search instructions.

http://forums.xfinity.com/t5/X1/XR5-and-XR11-quot-Voice-Remote-quot-Code-Lists/m-p/2550616#M73148

Regular Visitor

I also have a sceptre tv, the codes that everyone have suggest have not work. Most of the codes will only let the 1st four digits entered, then falsh the red-green error flash. When using the 991 code, cannot get it to work. Been at this for over 2 hours now. Comcast counter tech, stated I should buy a new tv. Right, I have tons of money to just but a new tv. Get real, not a lot of us normal Non-comcast people have enough to make it day to day.

Sucks that I have to use the tv remote to turn on the tv, another for the soundbar, and then use the voice remote.

New Poster

For my sceptre TV and regular x1 box and remote the code 10000 worked for me but today when I received a DVR box with a voice remote the 10000 code wouldn't work. Luckily I found these directions and it worked the first time. I hope this helps someone else out! The manual search worked for me using 991.

To search manually do the following:

1. Turn on your TV and AVR. 
2. Press and hold the Setup button on your remote until the status LED changes from red to green.
3. To search for a TV code, enter 9-9-1 on the remote. To search for an AVR code, enter 9-9-2. The status LED should flash green twice.
4. Press the CH ^ button repeatedly to search through the manufacturer codes until the device you are programming turns off.
5. After the device turns off, press Setup. The status LED on your remote should flash green twice. Press the TV Power button on the remote. If the device turns on, you have successfully programmed your remote.

P.S. Make sure you hold the setup button until it flashes green twice after your TV turns off.

New Poster

This worked! Thanks!
New Poster

Not sure if this has been posted before because I didn't read through the whole list of replies, but I found this answer on a DirectTV forum.

Setup Instructions
1.Set the "Mode Switch" to TV.
2.Press and hold the "Mute" button and the "Select" button until the visible LED blinks twice.
3.Enter the 5 digit Code
The following code(s) is the most popular for your brand.
11360 11217 10878 11599 10000*
Codes listed with an asterisk (*) are possible alternate codes for your device. These alternate codes should operate the primary functions of your device in most cases (Power, Volume Up/Down, Mute).

These two worked for me: 11217 and 10000, all the others did not.

Be sure to check that when you get a code to work with the power it also works with the volume controls.

New Poster

10000, worked perfectly for me.  Thank you!

New Poster

I got 10000 to work