Community Forum

My audio changes to Spanish on its own

Frequent Visitor

My audio changes to Spanish on its own

About two weeks ago I changed from one channel to another and was surprised that the audio was in Spanish. I thought it was really strange so I turned on another TV in the house and the program was in English. I know how to go into the settings to check for what language the box is set for and saw that it changed to,,,Espanol,,,without me doing anything. I couldn't access the audio setting to change it back to English. I called Comcast and related the problem. I was told to go into the audio settings and make sure the,,,,descriptive video service was ,,,off. Well it was,,,on,,,so I turned it off and then I was able to access the default audio track and change it back to English. I was told that everything would be fine. Well a few days later it happened again so I went to the audio set up and sure enough if switched back to Spanish. So I changed it again. A day or two later and the same thing happened to the hi def box in my living room so I went into the menu settings and this box had changed from English to Spanish. Knowing how to change it back to English I did so. I called Comcast several times about this and I get different reasons for the problem. One rep told me that Comcast was doing an upgrade and it wouldn't happen again. I just wanted to know if it was just me or were other customers experiencing this also. One rep said yes,,another said it was the first she heard about it,,but,,,every time I called Comcast they always want me to go thought the menu settings to get to the audio set up and tell me how to set it. I keep telling them I already know how to do it but I guess they have a script they go by for a particular problem. BTW,,,my remote doesn't have a "SAP" button that I could accidental hit to curse this problem. Also Botha the tv's were never changed from any settings to cause this. I'm really frustrated by this. Comcast is sending a repairman out this week to check out my boxes however the box in the bedroom is new from a few weeks ago. I don't get Spanish on all the channels when this happens as I never went through the entire channel line up to see how many are affected. I've been actually checking the default audio setting daily and it might be fine in the morning but later on its switched to Spanish again. What's strange is that the commercials are in English but when the program comes back it's in Spanish. Also as I stated before it doesn't happen on both my boxes at the same time. Has anyone else experienced this. I will await the repairman from Comcast but this really is a strange situation. This happens every couple of days for the last since Aug 7 and it happened last night,,the 17th of August again.

Frequent Visitor

Re: My audio changes to Spanish on its own

Forgot to mention I unplugged the box several times and let it reboot but that doesn't help,,,also Comcast has sent multiple bullets to both boxes with no help either.

Frequent Visitor

Well here it is Tuesday night and my hi def box just changed to Spanish again. The regular digital box in the bedroom stayed on English. I hope the repair person can figure this out.

Frequent Visitor

Well happened again last night,,,seems to happen around the same time,,,,repairman scheduled to come this afternoon,,,will let everyone know the results if interested.

Silver Problem Solver

The D button does turn on DVS unless you changed the setting. Also try changing default audio track to Portugese then back to English.

Frequent Visitor

I just tried the "D" button and sure enough it changed to Spanish, however I don't think I accidentally hit that button. The Comcast repairman came today and this is what happened. I relayed all of my experience with my problem and he said,,listen I'm not going to install a new box because last week he had a similar call in the same general area as me. The homeowner wasn't home so he had a neighbor relate his problem (same as mine) to the Comcast man. The repairman  hadn't heard of this before so he just installed a new box. The reason he wasn't going to give me a new box is that the following day,,after installing that other persons new box, the person called Comcast complaining his audio was in Spanish again so there was no use in giving me a new box. Now here's the kicker. While in my house his cell phone rings and it's a fellow Comcast worker saying he just got home and his kids were complaining the TV was speaking in Spanish all day. I told him how I was instructed to change it back to English so he just relayed the info to him. All the repairman could tell me that he would report this to the people behind the scenes to see what if anything can be done about it. I won't touch my remote tonight and see if it goes to Spanish by itself again. I could have accidentally changed it by hitting the "D" button but I really don't think I did.  Actually now that I know that if it does do it again I just have to use the d button to change back instead of going through the menu options til I get to the audio set up. Thank for the heads up on that.

Frequent Visitor

Well it hasn't happened since last week,,,I don't know if I was accidentally hitting the "d" button or Comcast fixed it,,,whatever the reason I'm just glad it's ok now