Community Forum

Losing channels 2/26.

New Poster

Losing channels 2/26.

I have Blast Plus. I use a cablecard with HD Homerun and my own modem . Got a letter that I would be losing channels that I haven't been paying for 2/26. Fine, I'm happy to pay for the channels I recieve. Call customer service was told only way to keep channels is get the X1 bundle. I wouldn't have to use the X1 box but would be charged the rent for it. If the only purpose to upgrade my package is to continue getting the channels I get now, which I can do with the equipment I have apparently, according to the agent because I wouldn't have to use the X1 box but must have it and be charged for it. So what's the deal? Why can't I just pay for Digital Starter and keep the channels I have without being moved to a different bundle and being forced to take a box I don't need or want? I told her to keep it as is and I'll just loose the channels but am seriously considering getting internet only and getting my TV elsewhere. So is there a technical reason for this and she is wrong about being able to continue getting the channels with the cable card or are they not going to continue supporting cable card and that's why they are pushing X1 box? What's the deal?