Community Forum

Looking for XR2 remote code for Vizio Soundbar

New Poster

Looking for XR2 remote code for Vizio Soundbar

Hi,

I'm looking for an audio (only) code for the XR2 remote that works with a Vizio S3821W soundbar. I want to be able to use the power button for the TV but the volume buttons for the soundbar. I know this question has been asked many times in the past but I'm starting a new thread in the hopes that someone has found a code that works.

I KNOW THERE IS A SOLUTION TO THIS PROBLEM! How do I know? Because I had it working previously. I remember when I got this XR2 box I had the same problem and was able to find a single page somewhere on the internet that had the solution. Unfortunately, I got a new TV and, without thinking, I programmed the remote with the new TV code which wiped out the audio code on the remote. And now I can't find the page on the internet that was helpful previously. Here is some pertinent info:

1) TV code 11758 works for volume up/down but then you can't use the power button to turn off the TV.
2) The code for my new TV is 10650. Using that code I can use the power button but, obviously, the volumen up/down no longer work with the soundbar.
3) I have tried the -994- method of setting the ECF codes for volume up/down but none of the codes work with this remote. I always get a red flash+green flash when I try that method.

Most importantly, I'M NOT GOING TO BUY A UNIVERSAL REMOTE. You may personally believe that is the best option but if you do, please, keep it to yourself.

Like I said, I know there is a solution out there. Your help is much appreciated.

Thanks.

Problem Solver

Re: Looking for XR2 remote code for Vizio Soundbar

Hi dr_nick_riviera,

I apologize for the issue you experiencing. Please try code 10178 to program the remote. This code is known to work with some Vizio soundbars. Please let us know if you still experiencing an issue. 

Community Icon
I am a Retired Official Comcast Employee, and I no longer actively support the forum.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am an Retired Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
Retired Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon

New Poster

Thank you for your reply. Unfortunately, code 10178 is a TV code. It does work to change the volume on the soundbar but I it doesn't allow you to turn the TV on and off. I'm looking for an audio-specific code (starting with "3") or a way to reprogram the power button to work with the TV.

Admin1

dr_nick_riviera -- Vizio soundbar codes are 31937 and 31975. 

Frequent Visitor

I may have your solution. I have a VSB200 soundbar used with an LG TV. The Vizio soundbar code

for the XR5 is what works for my VSB200 with the XR2: Hold "setup" button until power light turns

green, then enter code 32454.

Frequent Visitor

ComcastZach: Those are for the newest models and do not work with the previous generation soundbars. I suggest 

code  32454

Visitor

None of the above codes are working with the Vizio SB2920-C6 Sound Bar I have. Are there any other 3 codes I can try? I have the XR2 U2 remote. When I input the above codes I get one red flash and one green flash after I enter code.
New Poster

Agreed. None of the codes suggested so far are valid codes for the XR2 remote (they all flash red when you try to put them in). Any other suggestions?

Silver Problem Solver

dr_nick_riviera wrote:

Agreed. None of the codes suggested so far are valid codes for the XR2 remote (they all flash red when you try to put them in). Any other suggestions?

If you have a local Xfinity store, maybe you can get a newer remote, like the XR5 or XR11.  They are free.

I am not a Comcast employee; I am just a customer, volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
New Poster

Thanks bl57, this helped me!
New Poster

32454 works for the Vizio soundbar. 

Frequent Visitor

10178 Worked for my Vizio sound bar! Thanks! Smiley Happy