Community Forum

Level 2 Level 2 - Please Help... hdhomerun Prime vtc = 0

New Poster

Level 2 Level 2 - Please Help... hdhomerun Prime vtc = 0

Today I spent 2.5hrs of my life to get zero support over the phone with the level 1 techs. I was hoping that they would at least get me with someone from the Cable Card team, but I was told that that is not a real team by 4 people, and the other 3 techs said that there is a team? 

Anyway, I'm at a point where I might cancel my service if I don't get the support that this company promises it's customers. 

The issue: 

I picked up a CableCard from my local ComCast. I registred the card online with the proper Host and Data ID. To make sure all was registered properly, I called support to validate. Support said everything matches and I should be able to scan for channels in 10 minutes. Well 2.5hrs later, and speaking with 8 techs total (never was I passed to Level 2 or Level 3 which really frustrates me). I'm pretty frustrated with support leading up to this point. 

Reading the forum for the last hour, there seems like there are a few techs on Xfinity's payroll that can help. I really home one of those people read this post to help me out. 

CableCARD Status
Card Manufacturer Motorola
Card Authentication success
Card Validation none
3DES encryption supported

OOB Frequency 75.250 MHz
OOB Lock 2.048 Mbps
Signal Strength 98% (-1.3 dBmV)
Signal Quality 100% (37.9 d

Channel List none

CableCARD ID: 000-004-473-156-0
Host ID: 064-321-385-290-5
Data: 133-278-335-65

UnitAddress: 000-00044-73156-226
Card S/N: MA0813CAOW08
eCM MAC: Unknown
Host MAC: 00:18D:32:7F:34
Host Type: One-way

Network Setup

OOB Mode:  OOB  GTC:  OOB
2-Way:  Unknown 
Rx RF Freq: 75.25-NT  LKC: 75.25N
Tx RF Freq: ---.--  Power: --
RF-OOB Status:  IDLE
EMM ID/PID:  1/0x1503
VCTID: 0  OOB Msgs:  14595
  VCT: 0 OOB-rate: 1
  NIT: 730   XAIT: 0
  NTT: 1320   CVT: 0
  STT: 120   EAS: 0
Full Tx:  0 Full Rx: 0  

From what I read my VTC should be great than 0. There were techs on the forum I read that sent a DM getting this resolved for people. 

Can anyone help me! 

Gold Problem Solver

Re: Level 2 Level 2 - Please Help... hdhomerun Prime vtc = 0

thenetwork,

Your issue has been escalated to the Comcast Team available to these forums. Check back often for a reply in this thread or via Private Message from a Comcast Official Employee.

Official Employee

Re: Level 2 Level 2 - Please Help... hdhomerun Prime vtc = 0

thenetwork, let's take a look at those cable card issues. Please send me a private message with your full name and your phone number for help. 

KenF