Community Forum

Issue with new Tivo Bolt and CableCard activation

New Poster

Issue with new Tivo Bolt and CableCard activation

Installed our new Tivo Bolt, CableCard was 'activated' via 1-800-Comcast - but all channels continually show V58. A signal test from the TV side consistently shows all channels at ~90% signal.

The only solution the activation team was able to offer after 'unparing' and repairing my cablecard was to send a technican out on a 60$ service call which I declined. Any help here would be appreciated.

I'm attempting to transition the family off Dish and onto Comcast cable, but 4 hours worth of calls and I'm nearly ready to stick with the current setup.

Regular Contributor

Re: Issue with new Tivo Bolt and CableCard activation

Whenever I've had pairing issues, I try to get the Rep to completely remove the card from the account and then re-add it back.  If possible, get them to verify it's not paired with another device still, too.

Also, it's often useful to hang up and call back if you're not making progress.

Additionally, get them to transfer you to the dedicated CableCard Activation division.  Likely during 'work hours'.

HTH.

-KP

New Poster

Thanks, I'll give that a try during normal business hours tomorrow.

Official Employee

Hi Letoatrads, 

Were you able to get the cable card activated? 

New Poster

Thanks for checking ComcastChe.

No, the cablecard hasn't been able to be activated as yet. 3 or 4 hours on calls, and replacement cablecard. Now having a truck roll to the house to validate signal this weekend.