Community Forum

Internet on TV

New Poster

Internet on TV

Since I have comcast internet and comcast cable TV, is there a way I can get on the internet on my TV since it is all through the same cable line??  

Thanks!

Diamond Problem Solver

Re: Internet on TV

Basically you have 3 choices

Many recent HDTV's have internet or streaming features, these have a ethernet port on the TV to hook to your router for your home network.

Hook up your computer to play on your TV, many computers now have HDMI ports that will plug into a HDMI port on a HDTV, or older pc's have a composite video output to run to a composite video input on a TV.  Some very new pc's have a "play to" feature that will connect wirelessly to a special adapter box on the TV designed for such a feature.

There are also other "media player" boxes that will play Netflix, and other similar streaming video type services on the TV like Apple TV, WD TV live, Roku and similar units.  These units also hook between the TV and your ethernet port on your router for your high speed internet connection.

You would not have web access with only a Comcast supplied set top box or direct connection.

It matters on what internet content you want to see on your TV to suggest the correct solution.

Most Valued Poster

I have just experienced hdmi connection from my computer using Comcast Internet and it's pretty good nice and sharp. Great for Hulu and Netflix... some pixelation on HD programs from  On Demand from Comcast, seems that should be the best.

Also there is some color bleeding...when I switch sources on my tv, and come back to the internet screen.

But I find that can be fixed by removing the hdmi cable and putting it back or restarting my computer any ideas for fixing that?  I have a very thick high quality hdmi cable connected between my computer and my tv/monitor.

Diamond Problem Solver

cablefanatic

I'd say start by updating your video driver on your pc, and see it that helps.

Most Valued Poster

Update drivers...? This computer is brand new, wouldn't thefact that is has a working hdmi connection mean it is up to date...How would an update correct a color bleeding situation it "recognizes" my tv everything else works great.

Diamond Problem Solver

I had no idea on the age of your pc from your original post, and I have no other idea's for you.  My HDMI from my laptop works great with my HDTV using HDMI.

I've seen plenty of brand new pc's needing driver updates right out of the box.

Most Valued Poster

JayInAlg wrote:

I had no idea on the age of your pc from your original post, and I have no other idea's for you.  My HDMI from my laptop works great with my HDTV using HDMI.

I've seen plenty of brand new pc's needing driver updates right out of the box.

Thanks I know what you mean, I am still in awe of the picture   I will do some more reasearch, the color bleeding is minimal and correctable.   I am impressed with the fast responses here!!