Xfinity plant
Community Forum
Xfinity globe

Insignia Roku TV

New Poster

Insignia Roku TV

We just got an Insignia Roku TV. When we turn it on with the Xfinity remote there are several icons that come up. We can't get to the cable box icon without using the remote that came with the tv. How do I get it so that when I turn the tv on with the Xfinity remote the cable comes on right away without having to use the tv remote?

Official Employee

Re: Insignia Roku TV

You really need to take a look at the manual that came with your tv and adjust those settings. There's nothing that the Xfinity remote can do with that part of your tv.
New Poster

Having the same problem. Have to use insignia remote to open the cable box before using Xfinity remote. Answer from comcast employee indicated to refer to insignia instructions, Not sure exactly what I would be looking for.

Official Employee

Look in your tv settings or check your tv manual for a way to not start your tv with a menu, i have no idea if that setting exists or not, it may something to check out with the manufacturer, since it’s their product.
New Poster

I know this may be a stupid answer but there is no set of instructions provided, I will try to look online for a possible manual.

New Poster

Oddly this is what it indicated.

For instructions on programing a universal remote control, visit: www.roku.com/universalremote • Refer to the User Guide that accompanied your universal remote control and contact the manufacturer if problems. That manufacturer is Xfinity or Comcast

New Poster

Also found this online which im going to try, however the xfinity remote will only do Basic. Power,Volume and input 

• Note: Not all buttons on your Roku TV remote can be programmed to the buttons on your cable or satellite remote. The level of button support for specific remotes is categorized in the table below as one of the following.
    • Basic – Power, volume, and input select.
    • Expanded – Basic button support plus back, home, up, down, right, left, replay, options (or star button), play/pause, reverse scan, and forward scan.

Service
provider/brand

Remote model(s)

Codes for these
Roku TV brands

• Hisense
• Insignia
• TCL
• Haier
• LG

Codes for these
Roku TV brands

• Sharp

Button support

ATT Uverse

S10-S1, S-20/S-30

1097, 1346

Basic

Bright House Cable

URC1056

0818, 1756

Expanded

Cablevision

UR2-CBL-CV04

081, 031

Basic

Charter

UR4U–MDVR–CHD2

11602, 11756 

Basic

Comcast

OnDemand DVR 3 Device

11602, 11756 

Expanded

Cox Communications 

URC-8820-MOTO

2360, 1756 

Expanded

DirecTV

RC65

10818, 11756 

Basic

Dish Network

21.1 IR/UHF

556, 535 

Basic

ONN

ONA12AV058

3201, 3851 

Expanded

RCA/Voxx

RCRN03BR

10818, 11756 

Expanded

Time Warner

UR5U-8780L

251, 387 

Basic

TIVO

0091 or

0011, 0999 

Basic

Verizon FIOS

VZ P265v3 RC

342, 180 

Basic

XFINITY

XR2, XR5, Voice Remote XR11 

11602, 11756 

Basic

Official Employee

Also found this online which im going to try, however the xfinity remote will only do Basic. Power,Volume and input

That's all it does for any TV

Frequent Visitor

Go into tv settings using Roku remote.  Then go to "system" and select "power" from the right menu. Click "Power on" and choose "Cable box". Return to home. Turn off TV and then turn it back on using the Xfinity remote.  You will go right to the cable box and whatever channel you had on before you turned off the TV. Now you don't have to use the Roku remote.