Community Forum

IR interference between cable box and digital converter remotes

New Poster

IR interference between cable box and digital converter remotes

My Cisco RNG150N (cable box) is connected to a Sony KDL-32XBR4.  A split off cable runs through a Comcast DC50Xu (digital transport adapter) to a Panasonic DMR-EZ28 (DVR).  They are very close to each other. The RNG150N and DC50Xu remotes effect both pieces of equipment.  After years of blockingthe signals, I went to a store and asked for a DTA whose remote not interfere with my RNG150N.  "No problem", she says.  I get home to find she did not understand what I asked for.  I went back to the store, but they refused to help me at all, except to say I need a tecnician to come to my home.

I would think there is someone in the  hugeXfinity organization whom had the forsight to integrate more than a single IR frequency to all this equipment.  Please pass this along to him, or anyone who knows anything about IR frequencies used by Xfinity.  Thanks.

Expert

Re: IR interference between cable box and digital converter remotes

Just separate the boxes by a few feet or more until the RF interference is eliminated. My RNG150N cable-box is a good five feet from the nearest device.

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Diamond Problem Solver

There’s a dongle that you can get from a tech to pair the remote to the RNG 150 and you should already be able to pair your present dta to your remote. Possibly eliminating your issue

I am a Retired Official Comcast Employee
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark a post as the Best Answer!
Highlighted
New Poster

A gentleman called on my comcast's local telephone number suggested I upgrade to an X1 cable box at no additional charge.  He said it uses radio signals. My problem is solved.