Community Forum

How to sync LG Magic Remote with small Xfinity cable box

New Poster

How to sync LG Magic Remote with small Xfinity cable box

I just purchased the 2019 LG OLED TV. In the setup mode of the TV, I chose Comcast, but I am unable to change the channels with the LG remote. The guide button on the LG remote works beautifully but I cannot change channels by scrolling or by directly entering a number into the remote. Does anyone know how to program the remote so that it works.

JoJo

Regular Contributor

Re: How to sync LG Magic Remote with small Xfinity cable box

@threadartist wrote:

I just purchased the 2019 LG OLED TV. In the setup mode of the TV, I chose Comcast, but I am unable to change the channels with the LG remote. The guide button on the LG remote works beautifully but I cannot change channels by scrolling or by directly entering a number into the remote. Does anyone know how to program the remote so that it works.

JoJo

I recently got the 2019 LG OLED C9. I have the TV paired up to my Comcast DVR, blu ray and roku. You need to go to the Home Dashboard and edit your connections to the TV. I'm assuming that you are using HDMI (as I am). You can edit each HDMI connection (be sure to power each connected device up!) and identify them.

Check: http://kr.eguide.lgappstv.com/manual/w19/atsc/Apps/w4.5_u03/u_enga/control.html?iFrameLink=../../../...

With my Motorola DCX3400, I can control channel numbers, as well as use the pause and play buttons. The cursor controls actually replicate the FF, FRW and LIVE buttons on the Comcast remote. I'm using HDMI ARC to the AV receiver and can control the volume on it.

With all the connections identified, powering on the TV will power up the AVR. The set top button (next to the LG power button) controls the power to the DVR.