Community Forum

How to change HD settings on RNG200N

New Poster

How to change HD settings on RNG200N

I've looked through the user guide and did not see anything about how to set the HD setting on cable box.  I have an older Panasonic Viera 720p television but all my HD programming according to the cable box is being displayed in 480i.  I do have an HDMI cable connected to both the box and the TV HDMI 1 port.  I do have the TV input set to HDMI 1. 

I remember being able to set the HD setting on our old HD/DVR box but this box is totally different.  I had to turn my other equipment when me moved.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. 

Silver Problem Solver

Re: How to change HD settings on RNG200N

use the info/guide combo to redo the setup wizard, or : turn off the box and hit channel up and down at the same time. It's just like the user screen from Moto. Might be easier than going through the hd set up
Official Employee

oldarmyguy wrote:

I've looked through the user guide and did not see anything about how to set the HD setting on cable box.  I have an older Panasonic Viera 720p television but all my HD programming according to the cable box is being displayed in 480i.  I do have an HDMI cable connected to both the box and the TV HDMI 1 port.  I do have the TV input set to HDMI 1. 

I remember being able to set the HD setting on our old HD/DVR box but this box is totally different.  I had to turn my other equipment when me moved.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. 

If you have a Cisco RNG 200 (it will says Cisco on the front panel of the cable box, the link below may help:

http://por-chr.cimcontent.net/ui/pdf/meetyourguide/High_Definition_TV_Setup_Guide.pdf

New Poster

rog286713

Thank you for getting back to me. 

Neither the guide/info or menu/info combination worked, the same was true for box off and hitting channel up and channel down at the same time.  I did get into a menu(looks to be Motorola's default menu) by hitting the menu button on the cable box a few seconds after I turned the box off.  Anyway, I got the default set to 720p so it's all good.

Thanks again. 

New Poster

Comcast Teds

Thanks for getting back to me. 

The link didn't help me I have an RNG200N by Motorola.  The key combinations listed for the CISCO box didn't work. 

Thanks again 

Silver Problem Solver

Here is the issue for some reason motorola is now branding their boxes with the same model number as Cisco so an RNG 200 was always a Cisco box, now it can be either, we all thought you had a cisco box.

for motorola its easy. 

Turn off the box, yes turn it off. Now with it off press the menu button on the remote, now you have access to the menu you want. 

New Poster

I have been having problems with 2 of these boxes.  This document was the solution.  Remember to do both the HDTV Setup & the TV User Settings.  Worked perfectly.  Thanks!

New Poster