Community Forum

Horrible on going outtage issues

Regular Visitor

Horrible on going outtage issues

I am ready to throw Comcast out.  I have been having connection issues for a few months now.  First the audio starts skipping, then the picture tiles and freezes.  About a month ago, a technician came out and changed the cable from the pole to my house. That worked for about a day. Now I’m having to re fresh and restart every single day. I’ve been on the phone with tech support every other day.  What ever they do,doesn’t even last a day before I have to restart again.  One of my neighbors is having the same problem but not as severe. I don’t know what else to do.  I pay a lot of money for this service. As I write this, my picture is green and blue and I have no sound.  Is anyone else experiencing this?

Expert

Re: Horrible on going outtage issues

@SingerA wrote:

I am ready to throw Comcast out.  I have been having connection issues for a few months now.  First the audio starts skipping, then the picture tiles and freezes.  About a month ago, a technician came out and changed the cable from the pole to my house. That worked for about a day. Now I’m having to re fresh and restart every single day. I’ve been on the phone with tech support every other day.  What ever they do,doesn’t even last a day before I have to restart again.  One of my neighbors is having the same problem but not as severe. I don’t know what else to do.  I pay a lot of money for this service. As I write this, my picture is green and blue and I have no sound.  Is anyone else experiencing this?

We could use more information to help.

1>  Are you living in a rural area that has had bad weather: flooding, etc?

2>  Are you still using an old analog (tube) television?

3> Have you replaced older coaxial cables inside with newer RG6u (quad-shielded cable.)?

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Regular Visitor

Re: Horrible on going outtage issues

Let’s see, I live in Chicago, not a rural area and I have a smart tv.  We haven’t had any rain in about 2 weeks.  I don’t know the answer about the cables but I bought them about a year ago when I got the tv. As I said, this is very frustrating and it’s still happening. I’ve had to call Comcast twice this week. I would have called more but I just turned the toffee instead of dealing with it.