Community Forum

HDMI

New Poster

HDMI

So I have xfinity connected to my tv via the red, white and yellow cables.  Can I connect the xfinity box with an HDMI cable and get a better picture on the digital channels?  Currently, the picture quality isn't very good.  I'm trying to get my tv to display the digital channels in digital quality.

Silver Problem Solver

Re: HDMI

Absolutely use HDMI.  Didn't your X1 come with an HDMI cable?

I am not a Comcast employee; I am just a customer, volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
Official Employee

The Legacy box that you have would need to have an HDMI port and I don’t believe it does. It wouldn’t matter much anyways, your package doesn’t include HD so you’d still be watching Standard Definition just on a different TV input
Expert

Nyle1 wrote:

So I have xfinity connected to my tv via the red, white and yellow cables.  Can I connect the xfinity box with an HDMI cable and get a better picture on the digital channels?  Currently, the picture quality isn't very good.  I'm trying to get my tv to display the digital channels in digital quality.

Do you currently own a HD television? If not you don't need a HDMI cable. Recent changes from Comcast and local stations may actually make your SD (480p / 4:3 picture) look worse than you were used to getting.

If you now have a HD wide-screen television (1080p or 720p) you would need a HD capable Cable-box, pay for HD service, to view HD programs over cable. The only choice of cables for viewing HD (wide-screen 16:9 picture) would be either HDMI or component cables (Blue / Green /Red). Read your tv manual.

If you live in a metro area and can watch tv with an antenna, you will get HD wide-screen programing free of charge.