Community Forum

HDHomeRun Prime CableCard Validation Issues

New Poster

HDHomeRun Prime CableCard Validation Issues

I recently picked up a cableCard from my local comcast store for my HDHomeRun Prime.  I called the number they gave me to activate the card and that was sucessful.  However, the card did not "pair" with the device and none of the 4-5 comcast techs that I have talked to have been able to resolve this.  Actually it was quite clear that none of them had even heard of an HDHomeRun before - they all kept asking if it was a TiVo and what the message on my TV was.  

Who should I ask to talk to and how do I get this resolved?  This seems to be a common issue reading these forums, but nobody posts back with the resolution.  What bit of information should I be telling the techs to enter?  I have Activation: Success, OOB Lock: Weak, and Card Validation: None.

Thanks

Official Employee

Re: HDHomeRun Prime CableCard Validation Issues

mbakken, I can take a look at validating your cable card for your HomeRun box. Please send me a private message (Click ComcastKenF and then click Private Message Me) with your phone number, account address, and full name for assistance.

New Poster

Can you help me as well? I’m having the exact same issue.
Official Employee

Hello DBecerril, I can help you get your issue sorted out as well. Please send me a private message with your account information so that we can get started. 

Regular Visitor

I also need help with this issue. 

Official Employee

Hi wilsonwa, I can help you as well. Please send me a private message with your full name, street address, and account number by clicking on my name (ComcastAmir) and then "private message me".

Frequent Visitor

I'm having the same issue as well.

Official Employee

Close old thread