Community Forum

HD set top box power and data lights flashing and no signal on TV

New Poster

HD set top box power and data lights flashing and no signal on TV

I have an Xfinity RNG110 HD set top box and it has started to malfunction.  It will randomly have the power and data lights flashing together and no signal is present on the TV.  I have removed power to reset it, but it doesn't alway come back right away.  Any ideas or is this a common issue with these boxes?

Diamond Problem Solver

Re: HD set top box power and data lights flashing and no signal on TV

There's millions of the RNG110's out there, but one common issue is they need a 5 volt power adapter.  There's been more than one posting on the forum where the counter person at the office handed them a 12 volt adapter which looks just like the 5 volt ones, but is used on the DTA's and DCT700's.

Check the power adapter, and get it switched, otherwise swap the box at the local Comcast office.

Running a RNG110 on 12 volts causes all kind of odd issues right up until they burn out.

New Poster

Thank you!  I have seen some of the other posts re: the wrong power supply.  The one I have is 5v.

Looks like a trip to the service center!

Thanks again

New Poster

Thank you for posting this. I have been online, talked with customer service regarding flashing lights and no picture. Power cycled the box, had them send new activation commands and nothing was working. Was also told that I had not activated it correctly through self-activation site. The last CS Call I was instructed to wait at least 24 hours to see if the programming downloaded and activated. I was frustrated to say the least.

Now I read this posting and go look at the power adapter I was given with the RNG110 and it is the wrong adapter. I was given a Motorola 12V adapter. Will have to go back to the service center tomorrow and exchange the adapter and box. I don't want to have problems with the box.

Again thank you. I would think there might be a check that could be implemented so this does not happen.

New Poster

This morning my cable box was doing the same thing with blinking all the lights.
I have the Rng110 and i checked the power adapter which says output 5v unlike the others whose were 12v. i unplugged the power for about 5 minutes and plugged
Back in and now all the lights are on but with no signal. Nothing is working and this has happened so many times Smiley Sad
New Poster

Same thing is happening to me, any suggestions?
New Poster

Same thing happened to my set (RNG110). No signal to TV. CS pinged signal and it is at box but not going through the box. Front lights are steady but yellow and green lights at Ethernet connection on backside are flashing in unison all the time. Tech is coming out in morning. Suspect unit is fried. Noticed pictuure started to pixelate about 3 weeks ago on a limited number of channels. Sounds like unit was self destructing.

Tags (1)
Official Employee
Moved: