Xfinity plant
Community Forum
Xfinity globe

HD on basic cable

New Poster

HD on basic cable

I have Xfinity interet service which comes with basic cable. I was sent a cable box that I have not used so far. I have decided that it would be good to hook it up as a backup. I noticed that the box does not have an HDMI output. Is there a basic cable box that does have an HDMI output? Since the box that I have has only cable connections does that mean that HD is not available on basic cable? Since I am using the xfinity internet service I have a cable modem on the entry point but I do not have cable run to where the tv is just internet cable. Is there a cable box with an internet type connection for the input and hdmi for the output?

New Poster

Re: HD on basic cable

I have the same question! What good is an HD tv without an HD signal? Can you get HD without an HDMI CABLE?
AND.... IF HD IS INCLUDED,
Why is comcast still charging me $10 per month Extra for HD on our upgraded cable box??
Expert

Re: HD on basic cable

Yes, you can get HD with basic service, you just need an HD box. Everyone that gets HD pays an "HD technology" fee. If you live in an area where you can get over-the-air channels -- all you need in an HDTV antenna to get local programming in HD free of charge.

"Keepin' it clean since '09"
I am not a Comcast employee, just a moderator.