Community Forum

HD channels show no picture.

New Poster

HD channels show no picture.

A couple days ago my HD channels stopped showing up, you can still hear sound coming out of the t.v. but the picture remains just a black screen, regular channels show up fine, its only an issue when I try to change it to their HD counterparts. I haven't dont anything different and no tampering has been made with the cable box or t.v. I'm using a standard digital box and own a samsung t.v. Any solutions will be much appreciated. 
Message Edited by Sgarcia9 on 03-04-2010 11:04 PM
Diamond Problem Solver

Re: HD channels show no picture.

Is the set top box connected with HDMI or Component cables?

You might want to return to the video menu on  the set top box and double check the output matches what your HDTV can accept.

On your Comcast remote press

power off and then within 2 seconds press menu

The output settings for your box will be accessable, enable or disable 1081i, 720p, 480p or 480i as necessary to work with your HDTV.

After changes, press power on to return to normal operation.

Otherwise, the set top box might be failing and will need a exchange at your local Comcast office.

Frequent Visitor

I can't get the menu button to bring up anything. I am connected with comp.  to HDDVR. Any other suggestions?
Frequent Visitor

Had to go to this link to get a complete guide to using my DVR setup box. It did help with some of the channels  got to seup settings by this guide  

use remote to power off as you said . then hit info and guide on front of box to bring up a HD setup guide.   

http://www.cisco.com/web/consumer/support/prod_tv_set_tops.html#~dvr

Frequent Visitor

Work for a while then cut to black or pixalation. Finally comcast is sending tech to look at it. interp problems on most digital and HD channels still there on both sets.  This is getting bad.