Community Forum

HD Zoom

Regular Visitor

HD Zoom

I am having a problem with the zoom feature on my tv. It is set for normal but is still too big for the screen. Is there a way I can fix this myself? I tried rebooting the dvr and still it is too big. HELP??? I can't see the channel numbers on the guide and it is cutting off parts of the pics. Thanks.

New Poster

Re: HD Zoom

Recently I'm having the same problem on HD channels. I can't seem to acess any settings on the cable box (scientific Atlanta) to fix it. Any suggestions will be welcome - thanks!
Silver Problem Solver

you do not use your tv remote with the service.  what box do you have?  if its motorola you need to turn the box off, and leave the tv on and press the menu button.  in there select your tv type

Regular Visitor

Mine is Scientific Atlanta I tried it but It didn't work with mine any other suggestions?

Thanks

Official Employee

Gayleanna wrote:

I am having a problem with the zoom feature on my tv. It is set for normal but is still too big for the screen. Is there a way I can fix this myself? I tried rebooting the dvr and still it is too big. HELP??? I can't see the channel numbers on the guide and it is cutting off parts of the pics. Thanks.

If your guide is not showing correctly on the screen (if it's not centered or too big), you may need to adjust the cable box settings using the HD Setup Wizard. This link will show you how to do that.

http://por-chr.cimcontent.net/ui/pdf/meetyourguide​/High_Definition_TV_Setup_Guide.pdf

Run through BOTH the HD Wizard and the User Settings outlined on the attached. That should do the trick.    

New Poster

Teds, I think that solved my issue. Not sure how it got out of whack. Thanks so much for your help, and I hope it works for the original poster.
Regular Visitor

Thank you!!!!!! It took me a while to get back here but it worked!!! YAY!!!!!

New Poster

Thank you so much for this tip.  I have been having this problem for a few days.  A long call to Comcast tech support did not even help.  But following the tip to go thru the HD setup wizard, the problem is fixed.

New Poster

FINALLY! Tried calling a few times and no one could figure it out! Thank you SO VERY MUCH. It's like a I got a brand new TV!

New Poster

Will this work with a rng110, i am zoomed in all over the place

New Poster

I followed all those steps, trying each setting one at a time and the screen was still too big.

I finally realized I had been using Component Cables (the red, blue, green ) out of my

HDTV DVR Motorola Comcast box.  These worked fine until today. 

I hooked up a HDMI cable from the box to TV and  Hooray - Problem Solved.