Community Forum

Guide is not loading. To Be announced

New Poster

Guide is not loading. To Be announced

My guide on all my tvs is not loading right. it gives me maybe an hour or 2 of shows and then says to be announced. this is kinda hard to program a dvr or see whats on.

Silver Problem Solver

Re: Guide is not loading. To Be announced

the guide could take up to 24 hours to fully load.  how long has it been?

New Poster

It has been 3 days

Silver Problem Solver

if its happening on multiple boxes you either have a problem with your service or comast in your area has a problem.  You could try unplugging the box to reset it and try to let the guide reload.  you can also call comast and have a reset signal sent to the box.  you can do it yourself with the automated system on the phone.

Diamond Problem Solver

Many times slow guide loading is also a signal issue to the box, or in rare cases the box itself.

You might need a Comcast tech out to troubleshoot the out of band signal issue, which can be coax, splitter or fitting issues with the coax cable from the street or in the home.

Also make sure you are not routing your cable through any AC surge protector strip coax ports, those will kill off part of the frequency band and can cause OOB signal issues.

Problem Solver

Community Icon
I am a Retired Official Comcast Employee, and I no longer actively support the forum.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am an Retired Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
Retired Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon

Thanks
-Keisha-
New Poster

over 3 days

New Poster

even called support, no fix..  I unplug/plug in but no result change, ~ 24 hours appart 'caus I know it takes awhile.

New Poster

box is off, last unplug was an hour ago, hasn't been loading out beyond 7 days anyway for ~ a year.  Teck came out, clean bill of health

New Poster

unplug completed

Gold Problem Solver

6 Year-Old Thread being closed.