Community Forum

Firestick audio

New Poster

Firestick audio

I have an Amazon fire box? I think that's what it's called, diamond shaped.

I have it hooked to the HDMI on the tv but I have a Sony home theater hooked to the xfinity box xg2v2-p. With audio cables. Everything thru the box goes the the Sony so I have nice souround sound.

How do I get the audio from the tv to run thru the xfinity box? It comes thru the lousy tv speakers. I see an HDMI "in" port on the xfinity box but have read that it doesn't work. On the sony I only have HDMI out on the sony.

Thanks

Diamond Problem Solver

Re: Firestick audio

The XG2 doesn’t have the ability to carry audio from another device. That hdmi port is disabled. Instead why don’t you hook up your X1 box to your tv and have the Tv run to the Sony so everything coming off the tv has surround sound, not just the X1 box.

I am a Retired Official Comcast Employee
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark a post as the Best Answer!
New Poster

Because the HDMI and coax cables run thru the wall. I can't run audio cables thru it. They'd have to run outside the wall and that would look terrible.

Diamond Problem Solver

Sorry I guess you don’t have many options then. The option I posted earlier is the most commonly used.

I am a Retired Official Comcast Employee
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark a post as the Best Answer!