Community Forum

External Hard Drive Support for Motorola/Scientific-Atlanta/Cisco DVRs (DVR Expander)

Frequent Visitor

Re: External Hard Drive Support for Motorola/Scientific-Atlanta/Cisco DVRs (DVR Expan


@Glenn54 wrote:
Wow! I just placed my order with them last night. I wonder if they will tell me the same thing Smiley Sad

I hope not! If they actually ship yours, let us know. I'd be curious to see if it's just me. Smiley Happy

Contributor

Re: External Hard Drive Support for Motorola/Scientific-Atlanta/Cisco DVRs (DVR Expan

Why is it so difficult to get the esata "up and running" in Florida? South Florida, Pompano Beach in particular.

Contributor

Re: External Hard Drive Support for Motorola/Scientific-Atlanta/Cisco DVRs (DVR Expan

We'll do.


@serialcarpins wrote:

@Glenn54 wrote:
Wow! I just placed my order with them last night. I wonder if they will tell me the same thing Smiley Sad

I hope not! If they actually ship yours, let us know. I'd be curious to see if it's just me. Smiley Happy


 

Frequent Visitor

Re: External Hard Drive Support for Motorola/Scientific-Atlanta/Cisco DVRs (DVR Expan

So yeah....I just talked to Western Digital, and apparently I am supposed to email Comcast, who is then supposed to email Western Digital in order for them to release the hard drive to me. I guess Comcast has been burned in the past by people ordering the drives when their port wasn't activated, so they are enforcing this extra step. I totally get that, I just wish I had been informed of it at time of order. Ah well...off to the Comcast web of contact. Smiley Sad

Official Employee

Re: External Hard Drive Support for Motorola/Scientific-Atlanta/Cisco DVRs (DVR Expan


@jhllc wrote:
My wd dvr expander has started to hum loudly. Any experience with this? And any way to fix?

I have not heard of that issue. Have you contacted Western Digital?

 

Western Digital Customer Support

If you are having an issue with your Western Digital external hard drive:

  • Support Website: Visit the Western Digital Service & Support website
  • US and Canada Western Digital Support Center: 1-800-275-4932 (Monday – Thursday 8:00 AM-9:00 PM CT or Friday – Sunday 8:00 AM – 7:00 PM CT)
  • US Spanish Language Western Digital Support Center: 1-949-672-7199 (Monday – Thursday 8:00 AM-9:00 PM CT or Friday 8:00 AM – 7:00 PM CT)

 

 


I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Official Employee

Re: External Hard Drive Support for Motorola/Scientific-Atlanta/Cisco DVRs (DVR Expan


@billybh wrote:

Why is it so difficult to get the esata "up and running" in Florida? South Florida, Pompano Beach in particular.


There are some required configuration changes and back office work needed at each Comcast location in order to activate the e-SATA port.

We are activating the feature in new locations every month and making the feature available in many areas as soon as possible instead of waiting to be 100% complete. This way more customers can start using the external hard drive space sooner. 

The remaining areas of Florida are currently scheduled for early 2014. Thanks for your patience.


I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Official Employee

Re: External Hard Drive Support for Motorola/Scientific-Atlanta/Cisco DVRs (DVR Expan


@redcdale wrote:

I live in MD (Baltimore County) but I'm still getting the "The use of external drives is not authorized with your account." message. I have the a30/r27 software version. Is it because I have a DCX3400?

 

Thanks.


Apologies for the delay in responding. Someone on our MD team is looking at your account to see what the issue could be. Thanks for your patience, we will get this working for you.    


I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Official Employee

Re: External Hard Drive Support for Motorola/Scientific-Atlanta/Cisco DVRs (DVR Expan


@samgag wrote:

ComcastTeds:

 

I have a Moto DCT3412 and live in Baltimore County, MD.  According to your web page I should be OK.  When I connect the WD drive that was ordered from the link on your web page I get a message saying  "The use of external drives is not authorized with your account".  When I called WD, they told me to contact Comcast.

 

Please advise.


Apologies for the delay in responding. The Alert 08 message is on Comcast to resolve.

Someone on our MD team is looking at your account to see what the issue could be. Thanks for your patience, we will get this working for you.   


I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Official Employee

Re: External Hard Drive Support for Motorola/Scientific-Atlanta/Cisco DVRs (DVR Expan


@Glenn54 wrote:

Sorry if this questions been asked before, but I'm looking at the 1TB DVR expander on Amazon's website and the one directly on WD's website have different model numbers. Do I need the exact model number DVR expander posted on the link here for things to operate properly? 


We specifically tested the Western Digital model that we link to in the initial post in this thread. 

Most any DVR Expander drive (at 1TB or less) connected via the e-SATA port to the listed DVR types will likely work. 


I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Official Employee

Re: External Hard Drive Support for Motorola/Scientific-Atlanta/Cisco DVRs (DVR Expan


@serialcarpins wrote:

Hi Comcast Teds...

 

So, according to the website Maryland looks like it's all set. I went ahead and ordered my hard drive on Monday (10/21) from WD...As of yesterday (10/24) it hadn't shipped yet. When I called them to ask why, they said that they were waiting for Comcast to contact me for some reason, and the guy helping me asked if Comcast had called me because they were waiting for Comcast to touch base with me for some reason...they had not. He then told me they had plenty in stock, and he couldn't understand why they were delaying it (it usually ships in a day or two after order) He said he updated the status of my order to override what they had in the system so they'd ship it, but as of today, it remains unshipped. Is there something on Comcast's end that they are actually waiting for, or did WD make a mistake?  This might not be in your wheelhouse, since it may be a problem on WD's end, but I figured I'd ask since you have been so helpful thus far. Thanks!


Apologies. There was an issue on the Western Digital's end with some orders that were placed last week. 

As per our direct e-mail exchange earlier today, your order is expected to ship today. 

For others, any Western Digital orders (in Comcast serviceable areas) that were placed after October 21st are also expected to be shipped today.

Thanks for your patience.


I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Official Employee

Re: External Hard Drive Support for Motorola/Scientific-Atlanta/Cisco DVRs (DVR Expan


@Glenn54 wrote:
Wow! I just placed my order with them last night. I wonder if they will tell me the same thing Smiley Sad

Apologies. Your order also is expected to ship today.


I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Frequent Visitor

Re: External Hard Drive Support for Motorola/Scientific-Atlanta/Cisco DVRs (DVR Expan

Thanks for your assistance ComcastTeds.  It is now up and running.

Contributor

Re: External Hard Drive Support for Motorola/Scientific-Atlanta/Cisco DVRs (DVR Expan

You know, there's really no way to respond without sounding "snippy", so with that in mind, Is the early 2014 timeframe as good as the June of 2013 was? 

 

We were told when that "guesstimate" went by the boards that there was a technical issue. I believe it was implied that Comcast was working on the issue. Its hard to believe they have been working on it since then.

 

Monopolies are wonderful when you have one, aren't they?

Official Employee

Re: External Hard Drive Support for Motorola/Scientific-Atlanta/Cisco DVRs (DVR Expan


@billybh wrote:

You know, there's really no way to respond without sounding "snippy", so with that in mind, Is the early 2014 timeframe as good as the June of 2013 was? 

 

We were told when that "guesstimate" went by the boards that there was a technical issue. I believe it was implied that Comcast was working on the issue. Its hard to believe they have been working on it since then.

 

Monopolies are wonderful when you have one, aren't they?


Apologies. Business and customer facing project priorities in Florida have since changed.

The remaining work is currently scheduled to be completed in early 2014 in the remaining areas of Florida. Thanks for your patience.

My understanding is that all cable franchises and video provider services in Florida are considered "non-exclusive" by law.  

The truth is that there are other video providers doing business in your area of Florida. Competition is a good thing for our business and all consumers. Have a great day.  


I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Official Employee

Re: External Hard Drive Support for Motorola/Scientific-Atlanta/Cisco DVRs (DVR Expan


@samgag wrote:

Thanks for your assistance ComcastTeds.  It is now up and running.


You are welcome. Good news, glad to hear that.


I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Contributor

Re: External Hard Drive Support for Motorola/Scientific-Atlanta/Cisco DVRs (DVR Expan

Well, Ted, you do make me smile. I don't know how you keep up the happy face. What is a "customer facing project priority" anyway?

 

And, you are the only (monopoly) Cable Company down here. I am on balance, very happy with Comcast, but this seemingly insignificant issue does have me baffled. I know" nothing is as simple as it seems" , but this thing....Smiley Happy

Frequent Visitor

Re: External Hard Drive Support for Motorola/Scientific-Atlanta/Cisco DVRs (DVR Expan


@ComcastTeds wrote:

@serialcarpins wrote:

Hi Comcast Teds...

 

So, according to the website Maryland looks like it's all set. I went ahead and ordered my hard drive on Monday (10/21) from WD...As of yesterday (10/24) it hadn't shipped yet. When I called them to ask why, they said that they were waiting for Comcast to contact me for some reason, and the guy helping me asked if Comcast had called me because they were waiting for Comcast to touch base with me for some reason...they had not. He then told me they had plenty in stock, and he couldn't understand why they were delaying it (it usually ships in a day or two after order) He said he updated the status of my order to override what they had in the system so they'd ship it, but as of today, it remains unshipped. Is there something on Comcast's end that they are actually waiting for, or did WD make a mistake?  This might not be in your wheelhouse, since it may be a problem on WD's end, but I figured I'd ask since you have been so helpful thus far. Thanks!


Apologies. There was an issue on the Western Digital's end with some orders that were placed last week. 

As per our direct e-mail exchange earlier today, your order is expected to ship today. 

For others, any Western Digital orders (in Comcast serviceable areas) that were placed after October 21st are also expected to be shipped today.

Thanks for your patience.


I appreciate the direct contact that cleared everything up....one of the biggest annoyances for me (as I mentioned in my email) is lack of communication, and once I contacted you guys, you were right on top of it, and I certainly appreciated it. Like I said, I just wish it had been communicated to me earlier, but at the end of the day, I appreciate the way you resolved it in the end. Many thanks, CCTed.

Contributor

Re: External Hard Drive Support for Motorola/Scientific-Atlanta/Cisco DVRs (DVR Expan

Comcast Ted, l just got off the line with WD customer svc and was told that my order is still awaiting Comcast approval Smiley Sad
Frequent Visitor

Re: External Hard Drive Support for Motorola/Scientific-Atlanta/Cisco DVRs (DVR Expan

I read with some interest the posts related to the issues being experienced when ordering the expansion drive directly from WD as I ordered mine from Amazon and received it within three days!

Now, all I need is for Comcast to 'allow' the use of the eSata port and I will be good to go.

Other than the issue with using this WD drive, I am very pleased with the X1 DVR!

Frequent Visitor

Re: External Hard Drive Support for Motorola/Scientific-Atlanta/Cisco DVRs (DVR Expan


@TCher67 wrote:

I read with some interest the posts related to the issues being experienced when ordering the expansion drive directly from WD as I ordered mine from Amazon and received it within three days!

Now, all I need is for Comcast to 'allow' the use of the eSata port and I will be good to go.

Other than the issue with using this WD drive, I am very pleased with the X1 DVR!


LOL The first thing I said to the guy at WD was "Man, I wish I'd ordered this from Amazon..."

 

We'll see if it actually ships today, as it did not ship yesterday....

Contributor

Re: External Hard Drive Support for Motorola/Scientific-Atlanta/Cisco DVRs (DVR Expan


@TCher67 wrote:

I read with some interest the posts related to the issues being experienced when ordering the expansion drive directly from WD as I ordered mine from Amazon and received it within three days!

Now, all I need is for Comcast to 'allow' the use of the eSata port and I will be good to go.

Other than the issue with using this WD drive, I am very pleased with the X1 DVR!


From what I've heard, X1 isn't going to support the external drive.  Did you hear otherwise?  I actually bought a drive and then switched to X1 before it was supported by my particular DVR.  I have it, would love to use it one day!

Frequent Visitor

Re: External Hard Drive Support for Motorola/Scientific-Atlanta/Cisco DVRs (DVR Expan

Good point as I recall a response to my first post that the X1 platform would be going to a 'Cloud' storage environment which if true, would make our purchase of the WD drive moot.

 

Hey folks - I know of at least two WD drives that can be purchased instead of waiting for WD to honor your order!  Step up people, the Store is OPEN!  Smiley Happy

Contributor

Re: External Hard Drive Support for Motorola/Scientific-Atlanta/Cisco DVRs (DVR Expan


@ComcastTeds wrote:

@Glenn54 wrote:
Wow! I just placed my order with them last night. I wonder if they will tell me the same thing Smiley Sad

Apologies. Your order also is expected to ship today.


Well, I called WD again this morning and they're still awaiting approval from Comcast. Been waiting since the 24th so, I threw in the towel and cancelled the order. I just ordered mine thru Amazon direct with no WD "BS" run-around

Official Employee

Re: External Hard Drive Support for Motorola/Scientific-Atlanta/Cisco DVRs (DVR Expan


@serialcarpins wrote:

@ComcastTeds wrote:

@serialcarpins wrote:

Hi Comcast Teds...

 

So, according to the website Maryland looks like it's all set. I went ahead and ordered my hard drive on Monday (10/21) from WD...As of yesterday (10/24) it hadn't shipped yet. When I called them to ask why, they said that they were waiting for Comcast to contact me for some reason, and the guy helping me asked if Comcast had called me because they were waiting for Comcast to touch base with me for some reason...they had not. He then told me they had plenty in stock, and he couldn't understand why they were delaying it (it usually ships in a day or two after order) He said he updated the status of my order to override what they had in the system so they'd ship it, but as of today, it remains unshipped. Is there something on Comcast's end that they are actually waiting for, or did WD make a mistake?  This might not be in your wheelhouse, since it may be a problem on WD's end, but I figured I'd ask since you have been so helpful thus far. Thanks!


Apologies. There was an issue on the Western Digital's end with some orders that were placed last week. 

As per our direct e-mail exchange earlier today, your order is expected to ship today. 

For others, any Western Digital orders (in Comcast serviceable areas) that were placed after October 21st are also expected to be shipped today.

Thanks for your patience.


I appreciate the direct contact that cleared everything up....one of the biggest annoyances for me (as I mentioned in my email) is lack of communication, and once I contacted you guys, you were right on top of it, and I certainly appreciated it. Like I said, I just wish it had been communicated to me earlier, but at the end of the day, I appreciate the way you resolved it in the end. Many thanks, CCTed.


I'll send you the UPS tracking number from Western Digital. Thanks for your patience.


I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Official Employee

Re: External Hard Drive Support for Motorola/Scientific-Atlanta/Cisco DVRs (DVR Expan


@billybh wrote:

Well, Ted, you do make me smile. I don't know how you keep up the happy face. What is a "customer facing project priority" anyway?

 

And, you are the only (monopoly) Cable Company down here. I am on balance, very happy with Comcast, but this seemingly insignificant issue does have me baffled. I know" nothing is as simple as it seems" , but this thing....Smiley Happy


There are lots of improvements and projects underway that involve time, money and resources. Improvements to our video, online and voice products. Occasionally those projects can get delayed or yes even accelerated to accommodate customers and business goals.

Some of these projects are customer-facing, some are business efficiencies that allow for faster times to wait to speak with a Customer Account Executive or chat agent (as an example). 

Some of these projects are federally mandated. So we are balancing a lot of those products, projects and deadlines.

 

And yes, most things are never as simple as they would seem. 

We both know that you can obtain video services from at least three different providers in your area. One of them is Comcast.

 

Also a non-exclusive franchise means that any company can come into your area and build a cable system and provide services to customers.

The new company would need to obtain a local or state-wide franchise and meet the requirements that are set by that franchise authority, just as Comcast has.

 

We can agree to disagree about your definition of monopoly - but you do have choices for video providers. Thanks for choosing Comcast!  


I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Official Employee

Re: External Hard Drive Support for Motorola/Scientific-Atlanta/Cisco DVRs (DVR Expan


@TCher67 wrote:

I read with some interest the posts related to the issues being experienced when ordering the expansion drive directly from WD as I ordered mine from Amazon and received it within three days!

Now, all I need is for Comcast to 'allow' the use of the eSata port and I will be good to go.

Other than the issue with using this WD drive, I am very pleased with the X1 DVR!


Certainly, customers are not required to purchase the external hard drive from Western Digital. Most any external drive at 1TB or less connected via e-SATA will likely work just fine.

The X1 devices don't currently support the e-SATA port. The activation of that port is currently on our product roadmap. I don''t have any timelines to announce right now about that.

 

Regarding the recent shipment delays from Western Digital reported by a few customers - I am working directly with Western Digital to better understand the cause of this situation and how this can be a better experience for everyone.  

 

Thanks for your patience.  


I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Official Employee

Re: External Hard Drive Support for Motorola/Scientific-Atlanta/Cisco DVRs (DVR Expan


@Glenn54 wrote:

@ComcastTeds wrote:

@Glenn54 wrote:
Wow! I just placed my order with them last night. I wonder if they will tell me the same thing Smiley Sad

Apologies. Your order also is expected to ship today.


Well, I called WD again this morning and they're still awaiting approval from Comcast. Been waiting since the 24th so, I threw in the towel and cancelled the order. I just ordered mine thru Amazon direct with no WD "BS" run-around


Apologies and sorry to hear of your experience. That is not normal or expected behavior.

I have shared the situation that you outlined directly with the team at Western Digital.


I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Frequent Visitor

Re: External Hard Drive Support for Motorola/Scientific-Atlanta/Cisco DVRs (DVR Expan


@ComcastTeds wrote:



I'll send you the UPS tracking number from Western Digital. Thanks for your patience.


Thanks CCTeds....They called yesterday evening to say they were shipping it yesterday, but since they haven't charged my credit card or sent me shipping confirmation, I am a little skeptical. They gave me a tracking number, but of course I was driving at the time and didn't have the opportunity to jot it down...if you could send it along, that would be a great help. Thanks for getting involved in this...it looks like the issue was on Western Digital's end, and I know you didn't have to help, but you did, which I appreciated.

New Poster

Re: External Hard Drive Support for Motorola/Scientific-Atlanta/Cisco DVRs (DVR Expan

Hi,

 

I have had the WD expansion gathering dust since April 2013, when I was told my area (Oregon) would have external drive capability around June/July 2013.  I understand the schedule has slipped as I see only eastern states with the upgrade.

 

Can you provide an update on when Oregon is scheduled to receive this feature?

 

thanks!

Official Employee

Re: External Hard Drive Support for Motorola/Scientific-Atlanta/Cisco DVRs (DVR Expan


@lwillms wrote:

Hi,

 

I have had the WD expansion gathering dust since April 2013, when I was told my area (Oregon) would have external drive capability around June/July 2013.  I understand the schedule has slipped as I see only eastern states with the upgrade.

 

Can you provide an update on when Oregon is scheduled to receive this feature?

 

thanks!


Oregon and our remaining areas are scheduled to have this feature activated in early 2014. Thanks for your patience.

 

For our customers with Motorola branded DVRs:  Currently, the following areas where we use Motorola branded DVRs now have the DVR expander feature available:

  

  • Comcast areas of AL, AR, CT, DC, DE, GA, IL, IN KY, MD, ME, MA, MI, MS, NH, NJ, OH, PA, NY, TN, VA, WV & VT.
  • LA: Houma

As new areas are announced, we will list them in this thread and in the initial post. 
Schedules are subject to change.

 

 
Additional locations are scheduled to be announced on an ongoing basisFor customers with Motorola branded DVRs, please check the above to confirm availability before purchasing.   

 

For our customers with Scientific Atlanta or Cisco branded DVRs (including all of TX, most of NM and most of MN): The DVR Expander option is currently available to Comcast DVR customers in all areas. For the Cisco RNG 200 and RNG200N you would need to have the traditional "blue" on-screen guide.   


I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Official Employee

Re: External Hard Drive Support for Motorola/Scientific-Atlanta/Cisco DVRs (DVR Expan


@serialcarpins wrote:

@ComcastTeds wrote:



I'll send you the UPS tracking number from Western Digital. Thanks for your patience.


Thanks CCTeds....They called yesterday evening to say they were shipping it yesterday, but since they haven't charged my credit card or sent me shipping confirmation, I am a little skeptical. They gave me a tracking number, but of course I was driving at the time and didn't have the opportunity to jot it down...if you could send it along, that would be a great help. Thanks for getting involved in this...it looks like the issue was on Western Digital's end, and I know you didn't have to help, but you did, which I appreciated.


Your Western Digital device shipped last night.

 

I sent you the tracking number via e-mail. Thanks for your patience.   


I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Frequent Visitor

Re: External Hard Drive Support for Motorola/Scientific-Atlanta/Cisco DVRs (DVR Expan


@ComcastTeds wrote:



Your Western Digital device shipped last night.

 

I sent you the tracking number via e-mail. Thanks for your patience.   


And thank YOU again for working with me on this....looks like it's actually scheduled for Monday delivery. Smiley Happy

New Poster

Re: External Hard Drive Support for Motorola/Scientific-Atlanta/Cisco DVRs (DVR Expan


@ComcastTeds wrote:

@stlchatti wrote:

Comcast Ted,

 

I live in the Chattanooga, TN area and have purchased a WD My Book AV to extend my DVR.  When I plug in, I am getting the "Alert 08" message that my account is not authorized.  The WD folks have told me the expander is compatible with my DVR, which is a Motorola DCH3416 and it is a Comcast issue.  I've spoken to a couple people at Comcast on the phone who are not sure how to solve the problem. This is the second DVR I've tried (someone suggested trying a different DVR), both of which I got here at the Chattanooga office.

 

Can you lead me in the right direction?

 

Thanks,

Matt Hauber

Ooltewah,TN


Apologies for the delay in responding.

Yes, the external hard drive is expected to work in your area on the DVR that you mentioned. I am having someone take a look at your account to see what the issue could be and to resolve it.

Alert 08 is on us to resolve. Thanks for your patience.

 

 


Any update on this?  Originally posted 1 1/2 months ago.  Still have the same error message.

 

Thanks,

Matt

Official Employee

Re: External Hard Drive Support for Motorola/Scientific-Atlanta/Cisco DVRs (DVR Expan


@stlchatti wrote:

@ComcastTeds wrote:

@stlchatti wrote:

Comcast Ted,

 

I live in the Chattanooga, TN area and have purchased a WD My Book AV to extend my DVR.  When I plug in, I am getting the "Alert 08" message that my account is not authorized.  The WD folks have told me the expander is compatible with my DVR, which is a Motorola DCH3416 and it is a Comcast issue.  I've spoken to a couple people at Comcast on the phone who are not sure how to solve the problem. This is the second DVR I've tried (someone suggested trying a different DVR), both of which I got here at the Chattanooga office.

 

Can you lead me in the right direction?

 

Thanks,

Matt Hauber

Ooltewah,TN


Apologies for the delay in responding.

Yes, the external hard drive is expected to work in your area on the DVR that you mentioned. I am having someone take a look at your account to see what the issue could be and to resolve it.

Alert 08 is on us to resolve. Thanks for your patience.

 

 


Any update on this?  Originally posted 1 1/2 months ago.  Still have the same error message.

 

Thanks,

Matt


I am looking into this again now.  Thanks for your patience.


I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Contributor

Re: External Hard Drive Support for Motorola/Scientific-Atlanta/Cisco DVRs (DVR Expan

Finally!!!!!! Just unpacked my WD HardDrive and hooked it up to my DCX3400. Previous space used was 57%. After WD HardDrive hookup,11% Smiley Happy. I'll report back later how my DCX3400 fairs with the hookup. 

Frequent Visitor

Re: External Hard Drive Support for Motorola/Scientific-Atlanta/Cisco DVRs (DVR Expan

Great news!!!

 

Now, for us X1 DVR user's, an early Christmas gift would be really nice...

Regular Visitor

Re: External Hard Drive Support for Motorola/Scientific-Atlanta/Cisco DVRs (DVR Expan


@ComcastTeds wrote:

@redcdale wrote:

I live in MD (Baltimore County) but I'm still getting the "The use of external drives is not authorized with your account." message. I have the a30/r27 software version. Is it because I have a DCX3400?

 

Thanks.


Apologies for the delay in responding. Someone on our MD team is looking at your account to see what the issue could be. Thanks for your patience, we will get this working for you.    


Thanks, CCTeds. I just wanted to let you know that I've been trying to connect the drive about once every other day or so, and I'm still getting the message. 

Official Employee

Re: External Hard Drive Support for Motorola/Scientific-Atlanta/Cisco DVRs (DVR Expan


@redcdale wrote:

@ComcastTeds wrote:

@redcdale wrote:

I live in MD (Baltimore County) but I'm still getting the "The use of external drives is not authorized with your account." message. I have the a30/r27 software version. Is it because I have a DCX3400?

 

Thanks.


Apologies for the delay in responding. Someone on our MD team is looking at your account to see what the issue could be. Thanks for your patience, we will get this working for you.    


Thanks, CCTeds. I just wanted to let you know that I've been trying to connect the drive about once every other day or so, and I'm still getting the message. 


Our local MD team has been attempting to contact you in order to troubleshoot. 

I will send you a PM to verify your account information and to get a better telephone number where they can reach you. Thanks.


I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Frequent Visitor

Re: External Hard Drive Support for Motorola/Scientific-Atlanta/Cisco DVRs (DVR Expan

Just a confirmation that I finally received the drive yesterday. I powered it up, let it start and run for about ten seconds, and plugged the drive into my cable box (Motorola DCH3416) and it recognized the drive in about 5 seconds....it asked me to format, I chose 'yes', and the formatting took, quite literally, less than ten seconds....my DVR went from being 93% full to being 13% full. Everything is working perfectly so far. I am in Bethesda, in Montgomery County, MD if anyone is curious. Thanks again to ComcastTeds for all the help in getting this all resolved, and to everyone else, I hope this happens as quickly and easily for you as it possibly can....MD was about a month and a half late according to the original schedules, so I know your pain. Thanks, all!

Official Employee

Re: External Hard Drive Support for Motorola/Scientific-Atlanta/Cisco DVRs (DVR Expan


@redcdale wrote:

@ComcastTeds wrote:

@redcdale wrote:

I live in MD (Baltimore County) but I'm still getting the "The use of external drives is not authorized with your account." message. I have the a30/r27 software version. Is it because I have a DCX3400?

 

Thanks.


Apologies for the delay in responding. Someone on our MD team is looking at your account to see what the issue could be. Thanks for your patience, we will get this working for you.    


Thanks, CCTeds. I just wanted to let you know that I've been trying to connect the drive about once every other day or so, and I'm still getting the message. 


My understanding is that our team was able to make contact with you last night and all is working as expected now. Please let me know if that is not the case. Thanks for your patience.

 


I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Regular Visitor

Re: External Hard Drive Support for Motorola/Scientific-Atlanta/Cisco DVRs (DVR Expan


@ComcastTeds wrote:

@redcdale wrote:

@ComcastTeds wrote:

@redcdale wrote:

I live in MD (Baltimore County) but I'm still getting the "The use of external drives is not authorized with your account." message. I have the a30/r27 software version. Is it because I have a DCX3400?

 

Thanks.


Apologies for the delay in responding. Someone on our MD team is looking at your account to see what the issue could be. Thanks for your patience, we will get this working for you.    


Thanks, CCTeds. I just wanted to let you know that I've been trying to connect the drive about once every other day or so, and I'm still getting the message. 


My understanding is that our team was able to make contact with you last night and all is working as expected now. Please let me know if that is not the case. Thanks for your patience.

 


Yes, after a signal (or software update, not sure exactly) was pushed to the DVR box, the drive worked as expected. Thanks so much for straightening this out!

New Poster

Re: External Hard Drive Support for Motorola/Scientific-Atlanta/Cisco DVRs (DVR Expan

Just curious if anyone has had any luck with any other hard drives other than the WD my book AV.  I am sitting on a Seagate myFlex 2tb. unfortunatly from what I have been reading is that anything above 1tb wont work.

Contributor

Re: External Hard Drive Support for Motorola/Scientific-Atlanta/Cisco DVRs (DVR Expan


@Glenn54 wrote:

Finally!!!!!! Just unpacked my WD HardDrive and hooked it up to my DCX3400. Previous space used was 57%. After WD HardDrive hookup,11% Smiley Happy. I'll report back later how my DCX3400 fairs with the hookup. 


Well it's been a week since I received my WD HardDrive and so far with my DCX3400, I have loaded up NFL & NBA games, movies and TV series in HD. All playing back with no problems Smiley Happy

Problem Solver

Re: External Hard Drive Support for Motorola/Scientific-Atlanta/Cisco DVRs (DVR Expan

To watch the programs recorded on the DVR itself do you have to unplug the WD HardDrive?

Frequent Visitor

Re: External Hard Drive Support for Motorola/Scientific-Atlanta/Cisco DVRs (DVR Expan


@MisterEd51 wrote:

To watch the programs recorded on the DVR itself do you have to unplug the WD HardDrive?


Not for me! The HD just adds on to the space available on the DVR....when I plugged mine in, my space available went from 93% full to 13% full, and all the shows I had before I plugged it in were still there. The DVR chooses where to put the shows (local or external) based on where there is more space, I think....but both locations are available at all times to watch.

Problem Solver

Re: External Hard Drive Support for Motorola/Scientific-Atlanta/Cisco DVRs (DVR Expan

--------------------------------------------------
serialcarpins wrote:
Not for me! The HD just adds on to the space available on the DVR....when I plugged mine in, my space available went from 93% full to 13% full, and all the shows I had before I plugged it in were still there. The DVR chooses where to put the shows (local or external) based on where there is more space, I think....but both locations are available at all times to watch.
--------------------------------------------------
I am glad to hear that. Some information that I read said that plugging in an external drive disabled the internal drive. I wonder if that is DVR dependent or was their a firmware upgrade?

I see you have a Motorola DCH3416. It has an internal 160GB drive. I can see how adding the 1000GB drive made a big difference for you.

I have a Motorola DCX3501. It has an internal 512GB drive. I am really tempted to get an external 1000GB drive now.

Official Employee

Re: External Hard Drive Support for Motorola/Scientific-Atlanta/Cisco DVRs (DVR Expan


@MisterEd51 wrote:

--------------------------------------------------
@serialcarpins wrote:
Not for me! The HD just adds on to the space available on the DVR....when I plugged mine in, my space available went from 93% full to 13% full, and all the shows I had before I plugged it in were still there. The DVR chooses where to put the shows (local or external) based on where there is more space, I think....but both locations are available at all times to watch.
--------------------------------------------------
I am glad to hear that. Some information that I read said that plugging in an external drive disabled the internal drive. I wonder if that is DVR dependent or was their a firmware upgrade?

I see you have a Motorola DCH3416. It has an internal 160GB drive. I can see how adding the 1000GB drive made a big difference for you.

I have a Motorola DCX3501. It has an internal 512GB drive. I am really tempted to get an external 1000GB drive now.


Plugging in an external drive to the DVR via e-SATA adds additional storage space. That does not disable the internal drive. All of your existing recorded programs are still accessible the same way that they were before.

  


I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Frequent Visitor

Re: External Hard Drive Support for Motorola/Scientific-Atlanta/Cisco DVRs (DVR Expan

When is this going to be turned on in Colorado?  Earlier this year we were led to beleive all areas would have this ability by the summer of 2013.  Now any future updates are not even annnounced.

Official Employee

Re: External Hard Drive Support for Motorola/Scientific-Atlanta/Cisco DVRs (DVR Expan


@LanceMoreland wrote:

When is this going to be turned on in Colorado?  Earlier this year we were led to beleive all areas would have this ability by the summer of 2013.  Now any future updates are not even annnounced.


Message 680 above on this page has the list of areas where this feature has been activated. 

 

Colorado and our remaining areas are scheduled to have this feature activated in early 2014. Thanks for your patience.


I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Regular Visitor

Re: External Hard Drive Support for Motorola/Scientific-Atlanta/Cisco DVRs (DVR Expan

I'm in the metro Atlanta area and would like to know if the My Book AV Comcast drive from western digital works with the Anyroom DVR boxes?