Community Forum

Explorer settop box is not authorized for use

New Poster

Explorer settop box is not authorized for use

Got replacement box from Comcast today.  When setting it up get message displayed "Explorer settop box not authorized for use."

Expert

Re: Explorer settop box is not authorized for use

@mvbaird wrote:

Got replacement box from Comcast today.  When setting it up get message displayed "Explorer settop box not authorized for use."

Did you follow the directions and call the phone number supplied with your replacement cable-box? Also: they generally tell you to wait about 1/2 hour after plugging in, and turning on the cable-box before calling the number to get the cable-box authorized for your address.

This needs to be done each time a cable-box is replaced.

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Official Employee

Hi, mvbaird. MNtundraRET is 100 percent correct in this matter. This usually happens if a box is not activated. If you followed the above instructions and it still is not working, please feel free to send me a private message. 

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Official Employee

@mvbaird, we never received a private message from you or heard back from you on here, so I will be locking this thread. Please be sure to send me or ComcastMartin a private message, if you still need assistance with this cable box concern. Please create a new Public post for any new issues or concerns, we're here to help. Thanks and we appreciate you being the best part of Comcast. 

To send me a Private Message, please click my name “ComcastAmira” and click “send a message". 

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.