Community Forum

Explorer Settop is not authorized for use?

Regular Visitor

Explorer Settop is not authorized for use?

So, I got myself a 2nd HD box for my house in early 2015, but due to unexpected problems, I wasn't able to even plug it in until now... And it won't work. I plugged it all in properly, and I let it set up. I activated it online and now under my online page the 2nd HD box shows up. The TV would say "Welcome to Xfinity!" and would show that it was downloading the guide and on demand and whatnot... and then it would stop. Two out of the three would be completely downloaded, and then it would change to the "blue screen of doom" as I like to call it. The screen simply says "Attention: Your EXPLOER settop is NOT AUTHORIZED for use. Please call:" and then has the Comcast number. I tried unplugging my cable box and then plugging it back in, and it did it again. I tried reactivating, I tried everything, and it's still not working. I've had the blue screen for an hour, and I'm running out of ideas. I tried calling Xfinity (and calling customer service for anything isn't something I enjoy doing so it's a last resort thing) and I was told they had an exessive amount of calls or something and I was on hold for a half hour before the call dropped. Since it's a holiday weekend, I can't imagine my local Comcast store is open. Is this all because I waited too long to activate or is it something else? Please help!

Silver Problem Solver

Re: Explorer Settop is not authorized for use?

It is not because you waited, it just needs to be activated.

Comcasts phone support is not very good, so you will have to stay on the phone as long as it takes to get someone to activate your box.

You may have to keep calling until you reach someone who knows how to do it.

Official Employee

Hi Nista98, I can take a look at this for you and help get your set top box activated. I will send you a private message to further assist.

Thank you

New Poster

I Also got this error and need mine activated.
Official Employee

Close old thread