Community Forum

Error v52 tivo premier4 cable card issues

New Poster

Error v52 tivo premier4 cable card issues

Up until about 3 months ago my tivo was working fine with the cable card. Then we started seeing pixelation on our HD channels. It got to the point that we could not watch the hd channels. Then we noticed multiple regular channels receiving the v52 error. At this point we have not had complete service through ore tivo for about 3 months. I have called tivo, they say it's a signal strength issue. I have called Comcast. Tried re-pairing card exchanged card- tried pairing. I have attached an hd converter box to the tv directly to check signal and cords. Works perfect with the hd converter. We have restarted the tivo multiple times. Performed the guided set up multiple times. Tried the tivo on a different tv and nothing seems to help. Have spoken to multiple reps on the phone. None able to get it working. Sounds like a common problem and I wish someone could fix this. I haven't been able to record anything or watch any hd in the past month with the tivo.
Diamond Problem Solver

Re: Error v52 tivo premier4 cable card issues

Start by checking the signal level meter built into the Tivo.

See Tivo's help page to access the signal meter, readings should be from 80-99 for reliable reception.  Check every channel with the up / down buttons on the remote.  If it's pegged at 100% on every channel you might have too much signal which is just as bad as a low RF signal level.

https://support.tivo.com/articles/Troubleshooting/Troubleshooting-Digital-Cable-Signals-Roamio-Serie...

Highlighted
New Poster

Note most channels have 0 the few that do come up are around 68
Diamond Problem Solver

Then you should get a tech out to troubleshoot your poor RF signal to the TV outlet.

It can be an outside issue with the drop or fittings, or inside with excess spitting or coax related issues.

1-800-266-2278

New Poster

And the fact that it works ok with the hd converters?  Our other 2tvs with the converters have no problem.  Does the tivo need a signal booster

Diamond Problem Solver

It could be the Tivo's tuner is failing.  I doubt a booster will help.  Boosters are designed to compensate for the loss in the splitters feeding the TV outlets, and not a band aid to fix another underlying issue.

Without putting a signal level meter on that TV outlet to confirm the proper RF signal strength across the complete band of frequencies, it's all a guess in the exact issue, if it's the signal at the TV outlet or the Tivo itself.

Official Employee
Moved: