About three weeks ago on our digital adaptor, we started to get no channels. The channel guide was there, but the screen was black and said "you are not subscribed" and "Error code 580" on every channel.
Did numerous restarts, resending signal etc. Comcast then sent us new adaptor.
Got it yesterday, plugged it in, it did the software update from 0-100%, restarted, and the same message.
I even brought the TV/new adaptor to our known working outlet (that our main TV with tivo/cablecard) is on, plugged it all in, and still the same thing. So I know this is not an outlet or hardware issue.
I am sure this is a provisioning issue on Comcast's end, and they insist on sending out a tech. Which, with our schedules is nearly impossible. A tech, in my understanding will troubleshoot the outlet and signal, which I know are fine.
Can someone please look a little further into this and fix this issue?
Solved! Go to Solution.
I found this response on another thread, can someone at comcast do this for me?
"ATuxkamen, you are right on...after posting this, I decided to call and try again at 5:30pm, and after the rep told me she could not fix it, I specifically requested a level 2 or level 3 tech. He came on, and as soon as I described the issues, he said "oh, you must have the wrong setup code on your account" the guy waved his magic wand or something, said a few spells, and BAM KAZAAM! I have channels with picture and sound. After 8 different reps, and many hours, this guy fixed the #&@*$^ thing in like a minute after talking to him. Even if he hadn't, I would have come back to this forum and found your post which also had the solution....thanks!!"
Also found this :
"Greetings everyone, all of my channels are now working after the coding on the Account was corrected for a Digital Preferred Account. The code had been lost and the Box started dropping channels. If anyone gets the message NOT AUTHORIZED check your Comcast bill and if you have the Digital preferred package call Comcast (1-800-comcast) and have them check the coding on your account. You may need your Cable Box Serial Number when you call. I think each box receives it's own code so you will need that particular SN."
So... last night I called in and asked for a level two rep to try the above fix. The CSR assured me the correct billing code was assigned to the box, and made me go throught the exercise of resending the signal to my box. After this didn't work (surprise) I asked again to be connected to a level 2 rep. He then transferred me....BACK TO THE INITIAL PHONE MENU!!! Someone came on and by this time I was pretty upset.
I told her I did not want to go throught the process of resending the signal to my box, I just wanted to go to a level 2 rep. She said ok and told me that someone could call me back the next day.
I said ok to this, and I asked her (she seemed intelligent) if she could see if I had the right code on my account, even though the last rep confirmed I did. Well.. in less than a minute my TV has picture and sound. I asked her what was wrong and she said it had the wrong billing code.
Note to Comcast: You need to update your script for the resolution of this issue to include "Check the Billing Code" with instructions on how to do this.
I literally wasted over 2 hours on the phone with Comcast, plus the time it took me to install the new box, take everything downstairs to confirm it wasn't an outlet, and re attach upstairs.
And the kicker is that my original box probably works perfectly!!! It just needed the codes updated on their end.
When a rep gets to the end of their troubleshooting script and the last thing is "schedule a technician visit" you had better be sure that this is the correct course of action.
I am glad I stuck to my guns and got this resolved. Thanks to the rep who helped me, I wish I had gotten you first.