Community Forum

Error Code 340

New Poster

Error Code 340

Box Serial number is PAX501852441 Model M7

Hello,
We took our bad TDA and exchanged it. Got it home and hooked it up and got the Error 340 message. Called comcast and they did their best but suggested we get a tech or swap out the box. We drove another 20 miles to take the box back and got another (listed above). Same thing. Error code 340. Do I have a box meant for X1 even though we do not have X1? I got.frustrated and ordered a X1 self install kit. We have 5 TVs and currently all work except for the new box. We even put one of the other boxes where the new one should be and the old box worked fine. Any ideas? Comcast customer service is stumped as well.
Official Employee

Re: Error Code 340

Greetings, jmfink01! I appreciate you taking the time to reach out to us here on the forums. I hope you are having an amazing day. I apologize to hear you keep running into this error no matter that cable box you are using (unless you use the old one as you mentioned). I would like to look into this and see what's going on. Can you please send me a PM with your first and last name so I may further assist you?

To send a private message, please click my name "ComcastMichael" then select "Send a Message" on the right side.

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Official Employee

Re: Error Code 340

Hello, jmfink01. I have not heard back from you and hope the issue has been resolved. If you still need assistance, please feel free to start a new public thread.

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!