Community Forum

Do I need to have DVR service in order to have 4K Netflex reception?

Highlighted
Regular Visitor

Do I need to have DVR service in order to have 4K Netflex reception?

I beleave that I need cable box xg1v4 to receive 4K Netflex service. Does this service require that I also subscribe to DVR service?

Expert

Re: Do I need to have DVR service in order to have 4K Netflex reception?

You will be paying a monthly rental for the 4K DVR.

You also pay Netflix a monthly fee. 

If you have a smart tv, you would not need the 4K DVR from Comcast, only broadband Internet from whomever you choose.

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Official Employee

I beleave that I need cable box xg1v4 to receive 4K Netflex service. Does this service require that I also subscribe to DVR service?

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Contributor

@ComcastAndrew wrote:

Actually the answer would only be yes if you're "only" using comcast equipment. 

If you're using your own smart TV / 4k Blu-Ray or other "non" Comcast equipment, you'd only need high speed internet access and of course a TV that supports UHD 4K input.